IX | Jason x Reader (AU)

This is an idea that came from Dear America (don't judge). You are regular mortals with no powers. Takes place on a ship.

You had grown awfully close to Jason Grace, who stayed in the cabin next to yours, during the cruise.

Suddenly, a warning came over the PA System. "Everyone please proceed to the deck. Wear the life-vests provided. This is not a drill. The ship is sinking. "

Your heart thumped in your chest. A ship with this kind of rep wasn't supposed to sink, right?

You headed up to the deck and found that the women and children were being loaded first into the life boats. They were only on the second boat. There were many more. There was no need to worry. You could wait.

You went below deck and found Jason sitting in his cabin. He hadn't even put on his life vest.

"What are you doing, Grace? " you asked.

He looked up. "Waiting. "

"What are you saying? "

"It's the Titanic all over again. There aren't enough boats for everyone. And I'd rather die than sit safely in a lifeboat while watching others drown. "

It was true. Jason was an honourable person. But that didn't mean he had to give up his life to let others have a seat on a lifeboat.

"At least put on your vest. "you said.

He slipped it on and continued staring dejectedly into space.

"At least go on deck so you can board a lifeboat when all the women are unloaded. "

"Fine. If you'll stop bugging me. " he sighed.

On deck

There were only a few lifeboats left.

"Go, (Y/N). " he pushed you to the lifeboat.

"I'm not leaving without you. " you said stubbornly.

"Go. "

"No. "

"Do it for me. I promise I'll get on any remaining boats. "

"You promise? "

"I promise. "

You drew in a deep breath. "Ok. "

"But I need you to do me a favour. " he said.

"Yes? "

"I'd like to remember that I kissed a pretty girl tonight. "

You nodded shyly.

He kissed you but you did not respond in kind.

"Is this your first time kissing a guy? "

You nodded again.

"Well, you should enjoy it. " And he kissed you again, and this time it was sweeter.

"Go. "

Time skip to after the ship sinks and you are in the lifeboat.

Your boat kept pulling survivors out of the sea. You kept hoping that on of them would be Jason, but each time your prayers were not answered.

When your boat headed to shore, you prayed fervently that Jason would be there with his arms stretched out to embrace you.

But he wasn't.

Names were ticked off on a name-list, but he wasn't there. He was marked as missing and assumed dead.

You broke down in tears. He'd promised. How could he be dead?!

Suddenly, a hand tapped your shoulder. You spun around to see a tired, wet boy. Jason.

He wrapped you in a hug. "Hey, it's okay. I'm here. You're fine. "

You looked up and punched him. "Don't ever scare me like that again! "

"I'm sorry. I tried to get on a boat but they were all full so I floated along with a boat by tying myself to it. "

"Why would you do that? "

"I couldn't leave you. And I promised. " he replied.

"You did all that for me? " you asked. "Why? "

"I like you, (Y/N). " he said.

You nearly stumbled off the pier. Sure, he'd kissed you, but so what?

Then you lunged forward and kissed him. It didn't matter that he was sopping wet or that there was kelp in his hair. At least he was there. And that was all that mattered.

Hi! I just realised this is really really long. And crappy. I apologise. I had no idea how to do the reunion because it didn't say in the book. (Since Robert died and all. I'm not sad over that or anything. Why would you think that?)

Please request demigods cuz otherwise I have no idea who to do next. I just pick someone at random.

Thanks for reading. Bye bye!

ARE YOUR EYES BURNING? MY EYES ARE BURNING