LIV | Annabeth

Mortal/College  AU

Soulmate AU:

1. The first thing your soulmate says to you is written somewhere on your body.

2. You hear whatever music your soulmate hears.

Based on a request by @that_girl_nextdoor that's long overdue:

Annabeth x PunkGuitarist! Fem Reader? They meet up with the reader playing on the streets with Annabeth passing by.

I changed some parts a little. I don't really know what punk means I'm so sorry if I screwed this up. I'm not a guitarist, and in addition to that I'm more of a classical musician and fan, but I'll do my best!

Also I have no idea what happens in college so this is probably inaccurate.

(I actually searched up music for this someone applaud me)

Warning: Some swearing? Also, Annabeth is very OOC.

-------

The minute Annabeth woke up, Nirvana's Smells like Teen Spirit  blared in her head.

"I am so not doing this today," she muttered, slamming a second pillow over her head. "Good night."

Unfortunately, the guitar solo continued to ring, making falling back asleep impossible, prompting a long, drawn-out grown of exhaustion. "What did I ever do to deserve this? Why can't you ever listen to anything soothing, like Chopin?"

With her head sandwiched between two pillows, and covered by no less than three blankets, Annabeth glared at her flawless skin.

Annabeth's case was a rare one. While most people had their soulmate's first words tattooed somewhere about their body, usually in black calligraphy, Annabeth was one of a second group of people, who heard the music their soulmates were listening to. Unfortunately for her, as she entered her teen years, the music she heard changed from Naomi Solace alt-country music to punk rock guitar solos, which made it nearly impossible for her to get by.

"When I meet you, I'm going to murder you." Annabeth muttered darkly, trudging out of bed and into the shower.

--------------

"Perhaps I should just change majors to music," you mused as you strolled leisurely out of the lecture hall, Chemistry notes filed away in your bag.

As you always did when there was a free period, you headed for the student lounge, where your guitar awaited you. With manuscript paper spread out over a coffee table, you began to tune and set up.

You warmed up with a Nirvana's Aneurysm, then began to play through the piece you were halfway through writing.

Absentmindedly, you considered the black markings on your ring finger. You piece of schist!

What strange words for such beautiful calligraphy.

-------------

Annabeth's head dropped onto the table with a slam that echoed throughout the lecture hall.

"Ms Chase, kindly take a step outside," Professor Dodds said, eyes narrowed and angry. "That is the third time you have disrupted this class."

Annabeth was too exhausted and confused by the loud music to register that Mrs Dodds was threatening to have her permanently kicked out of class for being such a nuisence. That was impossible, anyway. Annabeth Chase, straight A student, always attentive, role model  behavious being kicked out of class? Not bloody likely.