chapter fourteen

"hey baby, it's mommy" i smile at Everly through the camera, she was sitting on Nate's lap.

She's only 7 months, but she is the sweetest thing and is learning so many things.

"we miss you mommy" Nate smiles at me and sets Everly down, letting her play with her toys.

"i miss you guys too, only two more weeks until thanksgiving break" i slightly smile.

"alright, everly and i gotta take a shower and get ready for the studio, so we'll talk to you later Elle" Nate winks and hangs up.

i puff out air and close my laptop. it's been 6 months since i left for school in New York and John has talked to me twice.

Nate says that he's never around anymore, barely takes care of Everly and barely ever comes home anymore.

Nate has been taking care of Everly, and i've decided to drop out of school, because Everly needs an actual parent in her life.

sadly, i can't drop until thanksgiving break, so i've still been attending classes and living in New York.

i get up off my bed and put my laptop into my backpack, grab my book and walk out of my room.

i walk down the hallway and out into the cold New York air, walking across the campus, snow lightly falling.

i smile up at the snow and walk faster towards my class. "Noelle!"

i look up and see my partner in our music producing class, "Kyle!" I smile, coming to a stop.

"will you be at class later?" i nod, smiling, "yes, but i've actually head off to class now, so i'll see you later!" he nods and let's me go.

i walk fast towards the building, walking in and up the stairs and into my classroom, sitting down.

Nate's POV.

"Everly, babygirl, come here." i smile down at the baby, showing her the clothes i'm gonna put on her.

she continues playing with toys, ignoring me. i walk over and snatch her from playing and bring her over to her dresser.

i place her on the dresser and slip her into her bright pink leggings, her camo t-shirt and put socks on.

i put her camo vans on and tie them. "E what do you want to do with your hair?" she just puts her hands out for me to pick her up.

i pick her up and walk her into Noelle's bathroom, placing her on the counter and i braid the little bit of hair she has.

"we're ready, baby" I grab her and walk down the stairs and grab her backpack, which is more mine but with all her things.

"Yooo Nate, you guys still here?" John walks out of the kitchen, looking like e hasn't slept in weeks.

"what do you want swazz?" my grip on Everly gets tighter, glaring at John.

"wanna go out tonight?" i give him a nasty face, "how do you suppose that i'm gonna get out tonight, since i'm the dad now, asshole!" I kiss everly's forehead.

"we're leaving, and just remember what i told you, you bring a girl to the house, i will kick you out. literally" i throw the backpack over my shoulder.

"when did you become such a drag, skate?" i roll my eyes.

"the second you gave up on being a faithful husband and faithful dad" I begin walking towards the door.

"my wife is the one who walked out on us, nate" John ran his hand through this hair, tugging on the tips.

"she went to school, because from the beginning, she knew you didn't want any of this. you shouldn't have married her John"