chapter sixteen

Noelle's POV

I walk through John's parents house, walking in and taking my shoes off.

i walk into the house a little deeper and see John playing xbox in the living room.

i walk around the couch and sit next to him, him pausing his game and looking over at me. His lip is spilt and his eyebrow is cut.

"you got into a fight?" i question, placing my hand under his chin, looking at his face.

he jerked his head out of hand and nods, going back to playing his game.

my eyebrows knit together in confusion, "babe what the hell." he continues to ignore me.

i roll my eyes and sink back into the couch, watching him play CoD4.

"Noelle, is that you?" John's mom says, walking into the living room, i stand up off the couch and smile towards her.

"hey mama swift" i walk around the couch and hug her, "where's Everly?" she looks at me.

"um. i thought she was here with John?" i look towards John and his shoulders tensed.

"i haven't seen her since he got here two nights ago." she looks at me then towards John who scoffed and paused his game.

"i'll be upstairs" she says quickly, walking up stairs. "where's my daughter, John?" i put my hand on my hip.

"with Nate" he walks towards me, "but you're the father" he rolls his eyes.

"and you're mother, but you've been in New York the past 6 months."

"what the actual fuck is the matter with you John" i walk towards him and he steps back.

"did you cheat on me.. when you were in New York?" his eyes never leave the ground.

"John, i would never. we made a vow. for better and for worst.. we promised to love each other and nobody else" he steps back again.

"the thought never crossed your mind?" he looks up, his eyes cold.

"never, once.. why?" i begin to feel worry build up in my stomach.

"John... why are you asking this?" a single tear rolls down his eye.

"Noelle, i was unfaithful to you...." now it's time for a tear to roll down my eyes.

"John. did the vows we made mean anything to you? how could you do this to me.. how could you do this to Everly" my hand covers my mouth.

"how in the hell could you do this to our family John" tears begin falling down my eyes and he looks up at me.

his eyes were filled with tears, and i look away. "i can't even look at you right now" i quickly grab my purse and shoes and run out of the house.

I run to the only place i know i can, Jack Johnson's.

the streets are all blurry because my vision is blurry, i continue running until i see my house.

i wipe the tears from my eyes and walk towards the garage, typing the password into the keypad.

the garage opens, showing my Jeep, and my Mustang. i walk into the house, seeing it dark.

nobody has lived here in almost two years, because i moved to LA almost two years ago and my mom lives in Seattle.

i grab my keys to the jeep and get into my car, i'm sure it has a shit ton of problems because nobody's driven the car in years.