ending

sixteen years later

i walk through the door and find John sitting on the couch. "has Everly gotten back from hanging out with her friends?" John looks up from his phone.

"yeah, she in her bedroom" I nod and walk up the stairs and into her bedroom.

"hey baby girl" I pull the chair put from her desk and sit in it. "hey dad" Everly closes her laptop and looks towards me.

"Uncle John said that i could possibly go stay the night at my friends house.. would that be ok?" my hands fold together.

"and who is this friend?" She looks away quickly then look back. "my friend Daniel" i smirk towards my daughter.

"no, but you can have him over" She smiles towards me. "thank you dad" i nod.

"honey... i want to give you something, something of your moms" Everly looks towards me, sitting up straighter.

"you know that her instagram is private and that nobody has logged in in almost 15 years" she nods.

"well, i'm going to give you her password and i'll let you decide what to do with the account. whether you want to delete it or keep it. Make it public, keep it private" I hand her the info for Noelle's instagram.

"thank you dad" Everly takes the note and looks down at it for a second. i kiss her forehead and i walk out of her room.

Everly's POV

I log out of my instagram and open the note. I breathe in sharply and look down at the writing.

i type into the username spot: noellerobinson and i tap on the password.

I look down at the note and my heart sinks when i see the password: everly367.

I type it in and my finger hovers over the enter button. I click on the button and it begins to load.

a photo pops up and the tag on the bottom showed that she had 2,000 follower requests, she's been tagged in over 200 photos.

I click on her home page and looked through her photos, most of them pictures of my as a baby and of her old apartment.

I clicked on her tagged photos and click on the first one.

@britneykay: "there hasn't been a moment where i'm not missing you, Noelle

@britneykay: "there hasn't been a moment where i'm not missing you, Noelle. Not being able to hear your laugh and see your smile all the time makes me so sad. it's been over 15 years and i still can't believe you aren't here anymore"

I smile slightly at the photo and tap the back button and click on another photo.