Chapter 9: Hung Up

I woke up the next morning with an extremely bad headache. Because of that, I pretty much forgot about everything that happened last night. Of course, I did freak out when I realized that I was in Louis' bed, but I remembered everything as soon as I sat up and looked around. Yeah, it was a bittersweet moment.

I looked across the street at my house and noticed Connor's car was gone. Then I remembered the police, had they gotten him? I looked over at Louis' nightstand for my phone and saw it there with a note taped to it. I picked it up and read his messy handwriting: "Out with the girls. Police called, no sign of Connor anywhere. Be back later. Call if you need anything. -Louis"

Well that was really awkward. But then again, everything will be awkward now. Louis freaking kissed me. And I kissed him back, ever so slightly that I didn't even notice until I pulled away. I am still confused and I'm sure he is too. But I'm more afraid of what will happen now. How am I supposed to thank him? I mean, he did pretty much save my life. Ugh, my life is so complicated. But on the bright side, my mother comes home tonight! And no, I am not telling her about this whole extravaganza. She'd most likely have a heart attack, and that is not something I feel like being responsible for.

I looked down and noticed I was still wearing my clothes from yesterday, my blue shirt now stained with blood. I felt dirty and gross and was in desperate need of a shower. Problem was, I was afraid to go home. Go ahead, call me a child, but I am. What if Connor shows up? Louis isn't around; no one could protect me. Plus, going back alone would just bring back memories.

I decided that since no one was home, I could just use the guest bathroom and take a quick shower there. I walked into the room and shut the door before entering the shower and turning the water on. As I stripped myself of my disgusting clothes, the steam filled the room and my head instantly began to feel clearer. In the shower, I had time to think to myself about my whole situation with Louis. I decided that it would be best if I played it off like it never happened; hopefully he would catch on and do the same. I turned the shower off and cleaned my body with a nice soft blue towel. Realizing I had no clean clothes, I let out a deep sigh. Great, now I have to go home.

I slipped the old clothes on and exited the bathroom, grabbing my phone and leaving the comforting Tomlinson home. Across the street, my house appeared as a house of horrors. How was I even going to get in? I didn't have my key. I made it to the front door and remembered my mom letting me know where the spare key was. It took me a few minutes, but I finally found it in one of her colorful potted plants. Unlocking the door, I was greeted with a messy living room. The all too familiar bookcase was half empty, books and other nick-knacks all over the floor. I slowly walked over and picked them all up, putting them in their exact places as before. Next I cleaned up the dinner table, which looked as if we had barely eaten anything. When I was satisfied with the house's appearance, I went upstairs to fix mine. Looking in my full-length mirror made me want to throw up. A mess of still wet blonde hair sat atop my head, followed by a forehead covered in dried up blood, dark circles under my red eyes, and then my wrinkly clothes, also covered in a bit of blood. It was hard to believe that some people actually thought I was pretty. They would change their minds if they ever saw me like this. I combed out my hair the best that I could and put it in a messy ponytail, out of my face. Then I walked over to my closet and found some comfy shorts and a plain t-shirt, not like I was planning on doing anything today.

The familiar sound of Beach Blonde by This Century began to play and I realized that someone was calling me. I ran over to my bed and picked up the buzzing phone. I checked the caller ID and saw that it was Marlee, Niall's girlfriend. I really hadn't talked to her in while, so I wonder why she was calling.