Chapter 25: Disenchanted

Harry came with the rest of the boys about ten minutes later, allowing me to come home with them instead of Louis. Luckily, no one asked about why I needed a ride, but I had a feeling they already knew; whether Louis texted them or not. Louis still wasn't back when we got to Niall's house, but I managed to get my mind off of him and help Niall's mum and Marlee work on dinner for all nine of us. "Hey mate, where've you been?" Liam said at the sound of the front door opening and my heartbeat sped up, afraid of what he'd reply with. "Out." was all I heard before Harry changed the subject to something about tour.

And now, it was Tuesday, also known as Marlee's birthday. I had slept in a room with her last night, just to get away from Louis. But that also gave me a chance to wake her up at six in the morning with my amazing singing of "Happy Birthday". Of course she slapped me with her pillow a few times, but nothing could stop the beauty of my singing. When I finished the second round of the song, Marlee finally got up out of bed and faced me.

"So, for my birthday, are you going to tell me exactly what is going on with you and Louis? You guys haven't even talked since we got here, and most of yesterday, he avoided you." she questioned and I sighed, knowing this would come up eventually. Although I hated talking about my feelings, I knew that talking to Marlee would eventually do something good in my soul, I mean, she has been in a strong relationship with Niall for about two years now.

"I just was keeping something from him. It really wasn't that important, but he thought it was and got upset." I left out the part about him doubting our relationship because that really didn't seem like something I could talk about. But hey, at least I said something. "Oh that's not good. What was it, that you were keeping from him?" she asked. "Just that I had talked to this guy that he didn't really like."

"Oh that's so lame. Louis is just too protective over you. He sure loves you." she smirked at me and then threw her head back in laughter. Wasn't this supposed to be a serious conversation. "No he doesn't. If he did, we wouldn't be fighting." And he wouldn't be doubting our relationship. No, if he loved me, he would never, ever think about something like that.

"Are you joking? He's always telling the boys how much he loves you. And love, you don't know anything about love, you do? Everyone fights, but the fact that you can move past it and stick together through it is the love. You guys seem to have had that love for a while now, according to Niall." she smirked again. Love? Love was something I was not well acquainted with. I had never really loved someone, except for my family. But when my father got bad, I realized how easily love can lie to you. I couldn't trust him and more importantly, I couldn't trust love.

"It doesn't matter. Let's just go have breakfast or something." I got up from the bed and walked over to my suitcase where my clothes were squished all about. I threw on a sweater and some shorts, tying my hair up in a ponytail. Marlee got up slowly behind me but stayed in her pajamas. We walked downstairs together to find Niall's mother there. She greeted Marlee with a Happy Birthday and offered us both some coffee, which we gladly accepted. We talked about the plans for the day: how she and Niall planned to go out and hang out around the city during the day and then come back here for dinner with the rest of us. It was simple, and she was very content with it; as we all were. However, I had no plans for the day. And the idea of not having Marlee around meant I would be left alone with the boys, one in particular.

I heard footsteps approaching behind us and I silently prayed that it would be anyone but Louis. When that person touched my shoulder, I jumped, but I was glad it wasn't him. "How's trouble in paradise?" I looked to see Harry smiling at me and I slapped his head not-so-lightly. Hey, he deserved it. "What is he talking about?" Maura asked. "Louis and Emma are fighting." Marlee said and I glared at her. "Oh that's a shame. Well, why don't you hang out with me while the four boys go do something together. I'm sure you could catch a football match, Harry." he nodded from the chair next to me at the dining room table and I shrugged my shoulders, unsure of how the day will go. "I know I may not be 'hip' like Marlee, but I'm sure we can find something to do." she smiled and we all laughed, Marlee of course getting cocky. "Yeah, that would be alright. Sure you'll be fine without me around for the day, Harry?" I smirked at him and he rolled his eyes. "Oh no, what will I ever do without you Emma? I love you! I can't go a day without you, as it pains me not to see your disgusting face." he held his chest dramatically and fell backwards into his chair, while I punched his shoulder.