Chapter 13: The Mess I Made

Weeks had passed by and I was still stuck in the position I was in when I got here. God why can't my hormones make up their mind already? I'm so done with the worrying and guessing. So let's just make a decision and move on with it, shall we? No way am I spending the next three months like this.

We had just arrived in Verona, Italy after driving around all night. Seriously, my sleeping schedule has been destroyed due to this tour. I'm exhausted. And to make things better, there are 200 screaming fans waiting outside the hotel. Joy. But hey, can you blame me? People just aren't my favorite thing. I'd rather just stick with my family known as the science geeks and our babies the microorganisms.

I heard Beach Blonde by This Century coming from my phone and hopped onto the large, queen-sized bed to reach it from the side table. I swiped across the screen and prepared myself for the worrying of my psycho mother. "Hi Mum." I spoke. "Hi Emma. How are you? I miss you dearly!" she pretty much yelled. I set the phone down and put it on speaker so I could start getting dressed for the day. "I'm okay. A little tired." I sighed, looking in my suitcase for something nice to wear. "What do you think of the tour?" I finally found a cream colored sweater with mid-length sleeves. "It's good. Lots of fun." I spoke whilst throwing the sweater over my head, beginning to search for a pair of shorts to match. "Well tell me about it, Emma! I can't learn much from you just telling me things are good, okay, and fun,” she yelled. I sighed and stepped away from the suitcase, running over to the bed and holding my phone up to my ear. "Okay well we've been to Australia, Tokyo, Moscow, Athens, and Vienna. We just got to Verona and tomorrow we're going to some charity dinner in Monaco. The hotels are nice, so is the food. But there are fans wherever we go so it's hard to get some alone time to enjoy the city." I spoke quickly, hoping that satisfied her.

"Wow that's very exciting! I hope you're all enjoying yourselves. Have you been spending any time with Louis?" I could almost hear the smirk on her face as she finished. God dammit Mum just let it go. Why can't everyone just leave it alone? "Yeah, as friends. Just like always, so stop asking." I sassed. "Hey don't get pissy with me I was just wondering since he must always be busy with the band." she said and I nodded, quickly answering with a yeah when I realized she couldn't see me. "I do miss you, and I can't wait to see you when the tour is over. You will be coming home, won't you?" she asked. "I don't know, maybe. I'd like to go back to school but I doubt they'll let me back in. I'll just have to try again next year." I sighed. But really, this trip better be everything Louis described and more because I gave up my fucking dream for this; for him. "Okay well.." she paused, thinking of something else to say, "Oh! Jemmie came home last weekend. She says New York has been fantastic and she needs to talk to you soon, so give her a call later." she finished. "I will, but I really need to start getting ready for the day now, mum. Can I talk to you later?" I walked back over to the suitcase and picked up some pastel diamond-printed shorts, trying to put them on with one hand. "Okay, bye sweetie. Love you!" she said and I finished the goodbyes quickly before almost falling over. Seriously, try putting on shorts with one hand: it's a challenge.

I put the phone down and finished zipping up my shorts, putting on some white vans, and putting my hair up in a messy ponytail. Marlee came out from the bathroom and grabbed her shoes and phone, waiting for me to walk down with her for breakfast. I smiled at her as we left the room together. "So, what shall we do today, my dear friend?" I asked her as we stepped into the elevator. "Maybe some shopping and then head down to the Arena di Verona to hang out with the guys?" she suggested and I nodded. We reached the lobby's floor and headed to the room where breakfast was always served. We quickly found the boys in the back of the room already eating so we quickly grabbed some fruit and other food items before making our way over to them.

"Helloooo." I stretched the word out dramatically as I sat down between Louis and Marlee. "Hi." everyone answered, but it really came out as a bunch of jumbled accents morphed into one big mess of a word. I giggled and began to peel my orange. "So, Emma and I are going to go shopping and then come back to the arena to hang out with you guys before the show." Marlee said to everyone. "Okay, cool. We have to do some filming for the movie, but you guys can be in that, of course." Liam said. "Oh hell no. No, no, no way am I getting anywhere near a camera." I stopped peeling and shook my head. "Oh come on, Emma, it's not that bad, you don't even have to do anything. Just hang out with us like you normally do." Harry said. "Yeah cause we all know how normal that is. I don't want any attention, people don't know me and I'd like to keep it that way." I sighed and went back to my breakfast.