Chapter 21: Why Don't You?

(Louis' POV)

We had finished our shows in Spain and the fans really seemed to enjoy them, just as much as we enjoyed performing for them. Of course, I was having a great tour so far, not just because of the fans, if you know what I mean. Even with the Spain leg of the European tour over, we decided to stay in the wonderful country and venture out to one of the beaches. The drive wasn't too long and just pulling up now; I noticed that not many people were at this beach, meaning we could have some private time, hopefully.

Of course, when I got out of the car and scanned the beach, I noticed the few people there were teenage girls, possible fans. I held in my sigh and helped everyone with the stuff we brought: a football, some food for later, surfboards, and towels. Once we hit sand, I started hearing our names across the beach. Great, here they come. We set down everything and started waxing the boards as we waited for them to come over, trying to look somewhat busy. Trust me, I love seeing fans and talking to them. But I really wouldn't mind having a day of just hanging out with my friends and girlfriend; no interruptions.

"So, are you going to teach me how to surf?" I looked up and saw Emma standing above me, smiling beautifully. I chuckled and stood up from the sand, dusting off my knees. "I'll try. But if you fall you can't blame me." I said and she laughed. "As long as you can save me from drowning." she pats my shoulder and walks over to Marlee who is setting up two towels next to each other. I try to go back to waxing the board but I can't keep my eyes of Emma. She takes off her tank top and shorts, revealing her black bikini that hugged her curves, and sits down with Marlee, getting a book out of her bag. I don't understand why girls always just want to sit at the beach. You can do that at home; why not go in the water? They'd better go in later, but I'm sure Niall will be able to lure Marlee in with his newly formed six pack that he's been bragging about all week to us guys. I'll admit that I am jealous; I'll never be able to do that with Emma. But who says I need to? I can just drag her in against her will. Yeah, suits us better, don't you agree?

Finally the six or so girls come over and greet us, I smile and get up from my board. The girls are kind and just ask for a picture with us all, which is much better than singles. But as they walk away, I hear their comments that obviously were meant just for their own ears. One girl says: "Did you see Emma?" Another answers loudly: "Yes! She's so chubby." Someone else speaks up and exclaims: "She should really cover that up. I'm sure no one here, including Louis would want to see that."

Worse part of all of this is when I turn around and see Emma looking up at them. She obviously heard them, but when she notices my concerned look, she quickly goes back to her book and covers her eyes with a pair of sunglasses. I sigh and go back to picking up my board, ready to hit the water. Just looking out in front of us I know that the waves will be great today. Legs touching the small waves on the shore, I feel the warmth of the water and run further in. Once it's deep enough, I plunge under, soaking myself and cooling down from the hot Spanish sun. I look over and see Liam on his board, waiting for a decent wave. I swim over near him and hop up on my board, identical to his own. Finally a larger wave pops up on the horizon and I start to paddle out closer to it. Once it's a few feet in front of me, I duck dive under and pull up on my feet as I hit the surface, riding the wave. It doesn't take long for me to wipeout, but hey, I'm not a professional.

Just a few more wipeouts later, I decide it's time to come in from the salty ocean water. Looking for a towel, I see Emma sitting in the exact spot I left her in, reading a book, with her cover-up back on. I sigh and try and run through the wet sand, but I'm just about as slow as I would be walking, so I stop. Reaching closer to her, I realize that she is zoned out and hasn't even realized that I'm out of the water. Perfect. I set my board down quietly and come up from behind her, first covering her in wet water droplets, then stealing the book from her hands, careful with the pages. I hear her shriek behind me and yell my name, so I run. No, not to the water, that'd be cruel; just to the other end of the beach settled in between rock formations. I turn and notice her trailing behind and when she tries to snatch the book from me, I whip it around and hold it up high.