Chapter 17: Enough For Now

After another night of no sleep, I decided to invite Harry out for coffee the next morning. No, it was not a date. I would never go on a date with that child, no offense to any fans in love with him, but he can really just annoy the crap out of me. I threw on my Urban Outfitter's Daisy Tee and a pair of high waisted shorts before topping it off with a black beanie and some black converse as I ran out the hotel room to meet up with Harry downstairs. Yes, we were still in Paris. The boys were doing their second show here tonight and had an interview and some other celebrity stuff tomorrow, so that added a few more days here, not that anyone minded. Paris was a nice place to be; very fun and unique.

Down in the lobby, I found Harry hanging out by the front desk with his phone out. He looked up and smiled at me quickly. I walked over to him and we greeted each other promptly as we were lead outside by two security guards. We'd normally only have one but given my circumstances, we had two (thanks Louis). I swear he is the most overprotective boy in the world. But I kind of like it.

Even in Paris there was a Starbucks on every corner, so we were able to find one within five minutes and no getting mobbed by fans. That's already a successful day if you ask me: coffee and privacy.. woohoo. It was pretty late in the morning, almost eleven, so a few people were in the warm store, but the line wasn't pouring out the door. I ordered my usual Iced Mocha and Harry ordered some sort of frappucchino. We got our drinks and Harry somehow won the argument of who would pay, saying I could next time, which we all knew would be a lie. Curse those charming boys. We sat down at a table in the back and Harry looked at me, waiting for me to say something because I obviously wouldn't invite him for coffee just to hang out.

"Eleanor came yesterday. She told me you called her." I said, moving my straw around the creamy liquid. "Hm, yeah she said she would drop by while we were here in Paris since I guess she was visiting with her friends. How'd that go?" he asked, taking a sip of his drink. "It was good, I guess. I think it helped, but I can't really tell now. I haven't had a lot of time to think about it within the last twenty-four hours. "I know and I'm sorry we're all sort of pressuring you about it, I just really want to help you and Lou because you guys are always looking miserable. I'm his best mate, it's what I'm supposed to do."

"Yeah, I understand that well given that I've also been his best friend for a very long time. But I think everyone needs to just leave this to us. We're big kids, we can handle it. If it doesn't happen, it doesn't happen. No one should have to force us into doing anything." I said and Harry nodded. We sat in silence for a minute, both looking around the windows, watching the people of Paris go by. "So how are you?" Harry finally spoke up. Oh God, the dreaded question I get every ten seconds of my life. Seriously, all my friends are starting to sound like therapists. "Okay. Tired and a little jumpy, but fine nonetheless. I'm just trying to forget about it." I sighed. "Yeah, sorry about bringing it up then." Harry said as his phone dinged and he looked down to check the notification.

"Oh, Zayn says we should get back now. Niall and Marlee are at it again and they need a girl's help, don't know what that means but we should probably hurry." Harry shrugged his shoulders and I laughed a little. We threw our now empty cups away into the trash and took off towards the hotel.  It was now about eleven thirty and the streets of Paris were filled with people going to work along with many foreigners on vacation. I stayed close to Harry the whole time, not wanting to get lost in the big crowd of people. I looked to my left and saw a mad walking in our direction at a quick pace. He had short blonde hair and dark sunglasses on. His face was a recognizable shape and he was carrying a large backpack on his left shoulder. Connor? My heartbeat quickened when I realized how much this man looked like the second most feared man I knew. How did he find me? What happens when he sees me? Can I run? Do I grab Harry and take him with me? What if my dad is here too? What if they are both after me?