Chapter 30: Ignorance is My Best Friend

Our trip home ended way to soon and we were suddenly back in the craziness of London, but even that could not compare to the craziness of tour that was coming back in less than 48 hours. We were all quite excited to go to America, but I noticed that everyone was taking great advantage of the short break we were granted. Especially Marlee, who just had to take me shopping today. Specifically, wedding dress shopping. I don't even think you're supposed to go shopping for the dress a month into the engagement, but I'd prefer not to question her. I suppose she could sense me thinking about it and threaten to rip my head of, as well as make me wear six inch heels (which would be just as painful)... so I'll just smile and nod my head at everything she shows me.

"Hey love, what do you have going on today?" Louis asked, noticing that I was already dressed and drinking coffee just after eight in the morning, a rarity for me since the seventh grade. I had chose to stay with Louis once we returned from Doncaster just because I felt like I was intruding in Niall's place. Oh and Louis' guest bedroom was like double the size, but that was only a small factor.

"Marlee is taking me dress shopping. But please, if you had something in mind, call her and let her know you are kidnapping me because as you know, I would much rather be kidnapped then forced into either watching someone try on dresses or being forced into one myself." I said as serious as ever, but Louis had learned just to laugh at me while I complained about most things girls just loved to do. Just one time would I love to do the same to him, but he's such a typical boy it's impossible. At least he doesn't say "swag" like the rest of the male population.

"Sadly, I would hate to take you away from such a great womanly bonding time, so I'll just hang out with Liam or something. We can do something later today though." he spoke from the other end of the large open room. I nodded my head and drank the last sip of my coffee, savoring it as the minute it was gone, I would know I would have to be on my way. I set it on the counter once I swallowed the last drop and ran down the narrow hallway to the guest bedroom where I had left my small bag and phone. I had never been dress shopping and didn't really know how it worked, so I just brought my wallet and phone.

I came back out and saw Louis reading something on his phone; probably trying to set up something with Liam. "Okay well I'm supposed to go over to Niall's now. I'll text you when we finish and then we can find something to do together." I slowly drifted towards the door and smiled at Louis when he looked up from his phone to listen to me a few words after I started to speak. "Alright, have as much fun as you possibly can, love." he giggled to himself and I rolled my eyes as I reached for the door handle and trudged out into the hallway.

I knocked once on Niall's door before it swung open and Marlee appeared with one large purse, a binder in her hand, and a phone pressed between her cheek and shoulder. I guess she sure knows what she is doing. She said goodbye to whomever else was on the phone with her and smiled at me as she struggled to place her phone in the outside pocket of her purse. I helped her find it and once that task was accomplished, we headed for the elevators. I was still somewhat uncomfortable with being in an elevator, but I knew I would have to face my fears at some point. It's not like I got hurt; well physically, that is.

The bridal shop Marlee chose for the day was in the heart of London and after finally finding a parking space, we met up with her best friend, Kiara. Kiara was just as beautiful as Marlee had described and the two definitely made me seem like trash. But I'm sure they've both had easier lives than I have, so maybe they have a right to look as happy and wonderful as they do.

We entered the store and the lady working the front desk recognized Marlee in an instant. They began to treat us like celebrities, taking us up to our own private room and hanging us each a glass of champagne of which I politely set off to the side. I guess the fact that she was marrying a celebrity was enough for them to treat her like one, which she seemed to be perfectly fine with.