Chapter 10: Run

Hey Guys! So before you read the chapter I'd just like to let you know I made an ask.fm page! Here's the link, so ask! http://ask.fm/katierick17 Alright, feel free to read on! -Katie

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

(Louis' POV)

            Hey Louis, party at my place at 8! -Jemmie

I read the text, trying to think of when I even got Jemmie's phone number. I mean, we had gone to school together. But we never talked. Not until she became my replacement, yeah, ouch. But the boys replaced Emma, so I guess it's even. I checked the time and saw that I should probably be leaving soon. I grabbed a new shirt, slipped it on, and ran downstairs. I yelled out to tell my mom I would be out for a while before running out the door and getting in my car.

Surprisingly, I had been to Jemmie's house. Back in high school, she was always the one to throw parties. Funny how she became such good friends with Emma, they are complete opposites. After about fifteen minutes of bad radio in the background, I arrived at the crowded, loud house. The door was wide open so I welcomed myself into the house. I swear I had arrived on time, but there were already like 100 people here. Gosh, it's like she invited the whole town.

I see some guys I used to hang out with and they wave me over to their own group in the middle of the living room that seemed to be being used as a dance floor. We talked for a bit about the band and then about what they were all doing. I felt weird since I was the only one not in college, but no one seemed to care about that.

"Oh, look at this one." Ryan said, pointing. We all looked and saw a group of girls dancing. "Whoa." Evan breathed out. I looked back over at the group and knew exactly which one they were talking about. Problem was, it was Emma. I wonder if they even remembered Emma. And if they did, what would they say when they realized it was her? I quickly started talking about something we all loved- football. Suddenly all attention was taken off of Emma and I felt relieved. Not that I was jealous, I just wanted to protect her. Yeah, that's it.

I finally stopped worrying about Emma and got into the next conversation Ryan started after I finished distracting them. I guess they all must have girlfriends or something. "So Louis, you seeing anyone lately?" Tyler asked. "Well, I just br-" I jumped when I felt someone grab my shoulders from behind.

"Louis!" Emma squealed and hugged me. I smiled and watched as the guys all watched intently. "I didn't know you were here!" she yelled over the music. "Yeah, well, I am." I rubbed the back of my neck. "Come on and dance with me!" she pulled at my wrist and whisked me away from the guys. I looked back at them and they all started cheering and telling me to "get it". Little did they know that Emma and I were just friends.

Then I realized what was happening. Emma was holding on to my tightly, rocking back and forth on her heels, staring at me with a smile. Okay, this is not normal. "Emma, you okay?" I asked. "I'm great! How are you?" she giggled. Whoa, this is weird. "I-I think I'm alright." I stuttered and she giggled again. The song changed and Emma adjusted herself to it. She turned around and got well.. very close to me. I didn't even know she could dance, let alone like this. It was weird and different and awkward, but I didn't stop her. Who knows why, but I didn't do anything.

Once the song ended, I decided I needed to get some fresh air for a moment. I had to pry Emma off of me, but I finally got out to the backyard. I stood outside for a moment and looked up at the stars, wondering what the boys were doing back in their hometowns. Even what Eleanor was doing in Manchester. Oddly, I had been thinking about her more and more since we broke up. Maybe it was because of what she said, or maybe because I still have feelings for her.