Chapter 5

*Layal*

The day continued uneventful. I was too wrapped around the questions that Amy asked me earlier today, so I paid little to no attention to my surroundings.

This is what I came up with.

First, Nate only took it easy when I told him that I was moving to live with my dad because he wanted to have other relationships with other girls. BUT, then I remember how he seemed extremely sad at the airport and the roses, late night texts, but never phone calls. Never phone calls? But I've only been away for 4 days max. He'll probably call me tonight right? Right?

Second, maybe Amy is just trying to mess with my head because she's probably jealous of the relationship I have with Nate.

Third, maybe I'm just over thinking the whole situation and I should just drop it to save everyone, including myself, the headache.

When I got home from school that day, Eric had to run some errands for my dad and I was in no mood to talk to anyone. I received a few texts from Amy asking if I was okay. I told her I was fine, but I was in desperate need to talk to Hanna.

"Hello," Hanna answered. Hearing her voice feels like I've been away from Houston for ages.

"Hey Hanna, it's me Layal."

"Oh hey LayLay...," she sounded distracted. "How's the new school and city?" She didn't sound like her normal perky self.

"Are you busy?" I asked, a bit suspicious to what this girl was doing right before I called. She could be with a guy for all I know. I mean it's not like she's never done it before.

Unlike me, Hanna is very social and gorgeous with dirty blonde long hair, slim Victoria Secret body, ivory flawless skin, basically just gorgeous so any guy would go for her. She has a new crush almost every week and a crush led him being in her bed. How did I befriend someone that's the total opposite of me? Well we've been best friends since the third grade.

"No, no," I heard a lot of shuffling and moving around in the background. "Okay, there I'm all yours! Fill me in with everything!" Now there was complete silence. Yup, she's probably with a guy now.

I chuckled. "Who's the lucky guy today that got Hanna's wild card?"

There was silence for a good few seconds. "Hanna?"

She nervously laughed. "Well, you know I'm keeping it conservative today and sticking with Dave for a while. He's a sweetheart."

Something about her voice was a bit unsure, yet edgy.

"But come on give me the deets about everything! Any cute guys for me when I visit this weekend?" She changed the subject, which got me thinking to why I called her in the first place. I needed to talk to her.

I told her about my flight and first days here, she seemed exceptionally bored. However, when I mentioned Gabriel she seemed oddly interested.

"I bumped into him when I was leaving In-n-Out. I don't know I felt some weird shock, if it wasn't for Eric I would've stood there staring at him like an idiot."

She laughed. "Sounds like something you would do. You know L, you should watch where you're walking or you'll end up walking straight into a wall."

"Ha. Ha." I smiled and rolled my eyes. She was always the one who would give me a hard time about my constant day dreaming and being in my own world.

"He asked me out today," I blurted out.

"Whaaaat?!" Hanna yelled. I had to move the phone away from my ear so she didn't blow out my ear drum. "Well, what did you say?"