Chapter 14

Chapter 14

"But not today. I really need to get that paper done or at least get started on it." I hopped into the passenger seat and as soon as I clicked on my seat belt, Gabriel was in the driver's seat and the car was already on. "Whoa."

He smiled, "sorry." It was like he was driving subconsciously as if it was second nature to him. Something he could do without even thinking about it. "I feel like I can be myself around you. Not to mention that I'm content with the fact that you know the truth and that I won't have to lie to you."

"What would you have to lie to me about?" I turned to study his face and his lips were in a straight line. "Gabriel," I said a bit suspicious. "Is there something you're not telling me?"

I noticed that we were slowing down and saw that we were already on my street. "How do you know where I live?"

He parked the car in front of the house at the half circle drive way. "There's a lot that you don't know Layal and I don't want to cloud your mind up because," he looked at his watch and back at me. "It's already ten and Eric is coming out now to see if you're really here."

"Huh, wait. What?" He didn't want to cloud my mind yet he was doing just that. "How do you know that?"

Gabriel leaned closer to me and kissed me on the cheek. "I'll see you later."

Before I had a chance to object, he was already gone. I pulled the keys out of the ignition and huffed. I slammed the car door a bit too hard and stomped my way to the front door. I swore I could hear chuckling, but ignored it instead.

I ran into Eric and held my hand up to let him know that I was fine. "Not in the mood right now Eric."

He chuckled too and I couldn't understand why in the world would anyone see humor in any of this.

"You're handling this better than I thought," he said in between chuckles and made his way back to what I assumed would be the kitchen.

Today was one hell of a day let me tell you that. I just found out that mythical creatures exist and one happens to be my 'mate.' Not only that, but I dated one for two years and had a best friend as one since I could remember. Not to mention that I moved to a city that is probably filled with them. What the hell do I do to attract these wolves anyway? Am I damn magnet to them? I don't know what it is to me with wolves, but I have a feeling that it's about to change my life.

I climbed into my bed, exhausted to even think about starting this paper. Knowing that I was going to regret it if I didn't at least start outlining, I forced myself off of my bed and made my way to my desk.

It almost seemed impossible trying to brainstorm ideas to write down because my mind was in fact clouded with so many questions and thoughts. I wanted to get to the bottom of this whole thing and I wanted to speak to Amy. I wonder if Gabriel told her that I knew about their secret? Maybe she would explain everything to me.

NO.

First, I need to get started on this stupid outline so that I have a good start. I plugged in my earphones and turned it up so loud that I could barely think about anything else but this outline.

Holding up my two sheets of paper, I couldn't help but smile. I got a full two pages done front and back with ideas for this paper. I took out my earphones and almost felt like my ears were bleeding.

"You shouldn't do that you know."

"AHH!" I jumped out of my seat and landed hard on my butt straight to the floor. There was a strong pair of hands lifting me up and I wouldn't miss that familiar woodsy scent anywhere.