Chapter 19

Chapter 19

"I have to see Gabriel," I got up and headed for the front door. "Move out of my way, Amy."

She shook her head and placed her hands on my shoulders. "I need you to sit down and wait here. Gabriel needs to focus and you running out there now will not help him or anyone in the pack."

She began pushing me back to the couch. I felt helpless and useless. There was nothing I could do to let Gabriel know how I feel.

Mind link him.

The voice in my head from earlier came back. She doesn't usually make two appearances in my head in a single day.

I don't know how. I replied hopelessly to the voice in my head.

She didn't reply.

My head fell into my hands. I was stressing about Gabriel and the pack. When I looked up to plead with Amy one more time, I noticed that the room was empty. There was a bit of whispering going on in the other room, assuming it was Amy, I quickly tiptoed to the front door making sure that I wasn't making any noise. As soon as I made it to the door, I swung the front door open and ran out.

I needed to find Gabriel and find him fast. A fresh sense of determination to confess my feelings for Gabriel washed over me and I was beginning to feel excited. But I didn't get too far before I spotted a group of men, shirtless may I add, in the middle of a confrontation.

I didn't get too deep into the woods before I paused as soon as I slipped into the clearing and growls of the wolves followed. Some wolves began circling me, but not in a dangerous way. It's as if they were guarding me from the other group of men and wolves.

"Layal," I heard a familiar voice call out.

I turned around to search the clearing and noticed none other than Nathan himself with his disgusting smirked laced on his perfect little face.

Instantly there were growls and snarls ripping through the wolves surrounding me. I searched for Gabriel and instead turned my head to where I enter the clearing to see Amy.

"Layal!" Another person called out my name. I almost got whiplash from the speed I turned my head to the voice I've been searching for.

Gabriel entered the circle of wolves that had me trapped and picked me up in a tight embrace. "What are you doing here? It's not safe."

"I came to find you," I held onto him tightly.

"Well isn't that adorable," Nathan's spat.

I lifted my head to see him standing next to a few other wolves and guys. One of the guys was the one that held me hostage in that tunnel the other day. A shiver rippled through my body and Gabriel held me tighter to him.

"Do you know him," Gabriel asked without moving his gaze off him.

I didn't respond instead I shook my head into his embrace.

Something in my mind was telling me that Gabriel has no idea that the man in the other side of the clearing is the one responsible for my kidnapping the other day. Something else is telling me that if he knows who this green eyed devil truly is, this confrontation isn't going to end without a fight.

"I just didn't want something happening to you," I whispered so low. If it wasn't for Gabe being so close to me, he probably wouldn't have picked up what I said.

He chuckled and kissed the top of my head. "I'll be okay."

"Come on, Layal," Amy quickly grabbed my arm and yanked me away from Gabriel. I whined, but knew that I had to go quickly before Nathan said anything else.