Chapter 10

A longer chapter, hope you all enjoy!

-------------------------------------------------------------

Chapter 10

I slam my hand on my phone turning off my alarm clock. Instantly regretting staying up late last night catching up with Amy. Today is going to be what I call 'my real first day of school' since I haven't even attended a real full week at Kingsman High, but also since I'm free of any attachments I have back in Houston, other than my mom.

My mom as you all can guess, begged me to go back to Houston and live with her. Thankfully she gave up when she realized Nathan and soon after what Hanna were the cause of what happened to me here. So it wouldn't make sense if I go back to the source that made me end up unconscious in the hospital.

Amy told me when Hanna went missing after Nathan and I left the party she got a worried and soon contacted my bodyguard, Eric, who I only told Amy about. Thankful that I did because Eric was the one who found me lying unconscious on the woods wet ground.

My father being your typical big shot lawyer, wanted to sue them for all that they are worth, but I told him not to. I didn't want to extend this further than it should go. I wanted to move on and forget about it and no matter how hard that was for my dad to do, he understood where I was coming from.

I groaned sick of running these past events through my head, but at least it all made sense to me. Everything was put together: why Nathan didn't mind me leaving and why Hanna always covered for Nate. However, I didn't need to be reminded constantly about them because I promised myself that I would let it burn in the back of my head to never be brought up again. A clean, fresh start.

I woke up extra early today to get ready for school and to take my time getting ready. I didn't want to look like a mess. The whole school probably thinks I'm the new freak in town who invited two psychos here. Ugh.

I walked into my closet and pulled out a plain royal blue strapless dress that came to my knees and a yellow cardigan to go with it. The bright cardigan should bring some life to my presence hopefully. I grabbed a pair of plain dark blue flats and sat my outfit and shoes next to my bed.

I took my precious time in the shower. After I shampooed, conditioned, and washed my body with my favorite scents from Victoria's Secret of wild cherry blossoms. I let the warm water hit my back, releasing all tension. I massaged my shoulders and exhaled trying my best to relax. I wanted to remain positive no matter what it takes. I wanted to let all negativity out before I showed my face to anyone today. Today there's going to be a new Layal and she's going to love living in Kingsman no matter what it took.

I stepped out of the shower and wrapped myself with the clean, white towel that Rosa always makes sure are cleaned and placed. I smiled to myself while wrapping my body and hair. I have so many good people in my life. Rosa, Eric, my parents, and Amy. I've been blessed with more than I deserved.

I headed to the mirror in my bathroom and stared at myself. Getting a sense of déjà vu from the first night I was here, I was standing here analyzing myself, but this time it's a new Layal. I felt a new sense of positivity run through me.

I blow dried my hair leaving it straight down and applied a light layer of BB cream to cover the dark shade under my eyes from my lack of sleep last night. I applied a thin layer of eyeliner and one coat of mascara to my lashes. I slipped on my lace panties and matching bra and walked over to where my clothes were laid out. I zipped up my dress and slipped on my yellow cardigan and my flats right after. I walked into my closet to look at myself in full view. Some of my dark black hair laid flawlessly on my shoulders falling down my back. I spun around and smiled feeling a sense of reassurance to my appearance.