Chapter 8

Chapter 8

Three days later

*Amy*

I can't believe he's still here with her. I can't believe he tried killing Layal and tried covering it up. I can't believe Layal's dad fell for his shit and no thanks to Layal's mother who defended them when I accused him of trying to kill her. I just can't believe Layal or anyone for that matter can trust these two sad excuses of 'friends.'

Layal's faded mark on her collarbone was on full display and anyone who was a wolf can see the crescent shaped tan mark on her collarbone. That mark is only a mark destined for a Luna and clearly Nathan is aware of that. He's not willing to go down without a fight.

Layal's bodyguard, Eric, who is also Shadow X's trainer, was in the room shooting death glares at Nathan and Hanna who were seated next to Layal's bedside far away from us at the Kingsman Hospital. They were looking at the floor absentminded, probably mind linking each other with their next evil plot.

I had no idea who these two random wolves are, but I told Britney to figure it out. She is the best at digging up dirt, which is why she is the pack's future tracker and locator. As soon as she had introduced herself on Saturday to Nathan and Hanna, she mind link me to let me know how stiff they were when they realized what she was to the pack by looking at her mark X on her collarbone.

As for Layal's dad, he was on the other side of her bed, gripping her hand tightly both of his. He was a mess.

Gabriel was still unaware of what happened. No one has the courage to tell him what happened Saturday night because no one will have the courage to tell him what the cause of it was. If it weren't for Eric following Layal's every move, then Layal would've been a goner.

I shivered, trying to remove that horrible thought.

I looked at the door of the room and in came a nurse. She stopped in her tracks to take in a full room.

"I'm sorry, but only 1-2 people are allowed at a time in the patient's room," she smiled apologetically and went to check on Layal.

I wasn't moving until Nathan and Hanna left the room. Within a few seconds of silent exchanged between them, they both got up. Nate kissed Layal's forehead and left the room with his head down. Hanna placed her hand softly on Layal's and followed after the douche. It was all a show in front of her father. Ugh.

As soon as they were out of the room, I walked up to Layal and leaned in to kiss her cheek. "Please Layal realize they are no good for you," I whispered and lightly squeezed her hand.

Layal's dad didn't seem like he was leaving. I patted his shoulder reassuringly before I left the room and lightly smiled at him when he looked up at me.

I took a seat in the waiting room and saw that Eric was standing guard outside of Layal's room.

I took a look at the time and saw that it was a little passed 3 am. I missed school and Britney had covered for me when Gabriel asked where I was and if I was with Layal.

I sighed and prayed that Layal would wake up soon before Gabriel begins to get suspicious because in all honestly I don't know what he would do if he was up to date with any of this. If it wasn't for his mom constantly keeping him busy with other unnecessary things, then I would have probably been in some deep shit with him.

Remembering the conversation I had with him at school on Friday after Layal left...

[Flashback]

"Where's Layal," he asked abruptly during lunch. His eyes were turning a shade darker due to the fact that he was about to turn any second.

"Chill out," I exclaimed. "She left early because her best friend came to visit her from Houston and only here for the weekend."