Chapter 31

I was having a bit of trouble trying to write this chapter in Gabriel's POV I erased it and started over about 3 times. Oh golly! *wipes sweat from forehead*

Here it is though and I really hope you all like it. Enjoy :)

--------------------------------

Chapter 31

*Gabe's POV*

"Okay everyone listen up," I called the pack's attention before we begin our run towards the Midnight Moon pack territory. We were standing about 15 miles away from the border and decided that it was best to attack before dawn while everyone was still asleep. The Nevada pack offered to help and even though I denied their friendly request, they still insisted since the Alpha is really cool with my dad. I guess the more wolves on our side the better.

We drove most of the way here in order to save our energy on the possibility of a fight breaking out and our energy is too precious to put on the line right now. If a fight does break out, then most likely we will be out numbered since both packs brought 30 of their best fighters and Midnight Moon territory takes up most of the east of California dominating the Sequoia Forest. This pack is known to be vicious and they play dirty, which comes to show in the way they play football.

"Remember Nevada pack is coming from the east and north and we are going in from the west and south, so make sure you identify which wolf is on our side and which is not in case a battle does break out." I was on the phone with the Nevada pack Alpha's son, Brett, plotting the battle and came to that agreement, but we have to remain hidden just in case.

First, I will go with the current Beta and my future Beta, David, to see if there is any suspicious activity or if I or anyone else can mind link one of my parents and if there is any sign of suspicion, then I will give them the green light.

Part of me didn't want this battle to take place because I wasn't ready for the causalities, but I know if I'm ever going to be Alpha that I need to suck it up and toughen up because this won't be the last time I am put in a situation like this. Being the Alpha of the largest pack in the continent is doomed to deal with more causalities than any other pack.

I guess the Nevada pack's Alpha thought this would be a good type of training for his son, since he was happy that I—the future Alpha of Shadow X pack—am leading a mission to save my father. It is nice to know that there are still loyal wolves out there.

Just the feeling of the wind against my fur as we sprinted through the woods was exhilarating. Our paws pounding in unison against the dirt and gravel reminded me of full-blown stampede. I was front row and center leading everyone to the campsite that I vaguely remembered coming to when I was in my early teens. That was the first time I met Luke and automatically did not like his arrogance that he clearly inherited from his father, Michael Rivers.

It's crazy how all the future Alphas were trained together every summer for 4 years at a young age in what we now joke about and call 'boys scouts' but it turned out to be a camp where we learned our basic survival skills and learned to be friends with other Alphas from other packs. So far it has had a high success rate with maintaining the peace amongst packs, but it did not do much with the rogue population increasing.

Since my dad, and his dad, and his dad's dad, etc. have a long history of being a part of this camp, all the other Alphas had their sons join as well, believing that this camp had something to do with our pack having a successful ruling rate. Now they are beginning to send in other pups that they see as potentials.

Our pack having the largest territory, the main camp was located here inside of the Midnight Moon territory. My dad always been passive on them, allowing them to say what they want because quote 'they needed the confidence' when really that territory still belongs to Shadow X.