Chapter 40

It's been a tough month for me. Every time I began writing this chapter I would stop because I really wanted it to be something worth wild. I didn't want to publish it unless I know it's the best it can be for you all. Sorry for being a sucky and inconsistent author. Thank you all for being SO supportive and patient with me. 

Enjoy!

---------------------------

EDITED

Chapter 40

"I haven't seen or heard from Eric in months," I complained. "He's been avoiding me like the plague. I miss him, Gabe."

Since my last kidnapping by Nathan's father, Eric has kept a safe distance from me. He ignores my calls and texts. Eric is like a second father to me and it's really breaking my heart that he missed my graduation. He is probably going to avoid attending the Alpha and Luna initiation. 

My whining and complaining to Gabriel is probably annoying him, but he has been patient and soothing with me. I really needed to see Eric because these hormones are getting the better of me. The whole thing is messed up and I hate that he's upset. I need to fix things with Eric immediately.

"He'll come around," Gabe sighed as he continued driving to my father's house. "Just give him some time."

"I have given him time! It's been months," I whined again.

My father invited Gabriel and me to dinner. My mother is still in town since graduation, so thankfully she would be there too. I have missed her dearly. Also, I've missed Rosa and her delicious food and my cravings agree.

"Be patient, my love," Gabriel smiled and parked the car in the crescent driveway in front of my father's mansion. He kissed my hand and helped me out the car.

I noticed the black Lincoln was parked at the side of the house, but I didn't get my hopes up just yet.

As soon as we walked in, Amy and Jeremy greeted us, which is odd because I don't think I remember my father mentioning he invited her. Knowing Amy, she probably invited herself. You gotta love her.

I gave her a warm hug and smiled at Jeremy. As always, he smiled back and slightly bowed his head to Gabe and me.

"Luna, Alpha," he greeted in his monotone. 

"Layali," my father exclaimed. He walked up to us with open arms and a smile from ear to ear. This man doesn't age. I hope that gene gets passed down to me. 

"Daddy," I ran to meet him halfway and embraced him in a tight hug. Despite his constant absence in my life, he will always have a special place in my heart. 

"My turn. Give me my daughter," I heard my mother say. I released my dad and didn't realize that tears had escaped my eyes. I wiped them quickly before anyone notice, but as usual Amy noticed and gave me a questionable look. I ignored her and hugged my mom. 

Rosa had prepared a beautiful dinner for us. I've never seen our huge dining table look this way, ever. The candles and the expensive china were brought out today from the glass cupboard that no one uses. 

While everyone was sitting in the dining table chatting and waiting for dinner to be served, I casually headed to the kitchen to chat with Rosa like the good ol' days. When I walked in I noticed a tall figure. His back was faced to me. I wouldn't miss those gold locks anywhere. My chest was beginning to warm up, but then I noticed that he wasn't alone. It looked like he was hugging someone--no, scratch that--it looked like he was kissing someone. 

I tiptoed to the side a bit to see who it was, and I gasped and both my hands shot up to my opened mouth when I realized who Eric was locking lips with.