Chapter 24

Chapter 24

"Rosa do you trust me," I randomly asked in the middle of eating my dinner. Mainly I just picked at the veggies that were on the plate.

"Yes, of course I do," she said but I didn't look up to meet her gaze. My mind was too preoccupied with the idea of how trust is lost.

I've heard numerous times before the trust is like glass once it's broken it can't every be put back together the same. If I ever had a chance to be in a relationship with Gabriel, then it'll only be hopeless if he didn't trust me. How can he not trust me? Did I really make him doubt my loyalty? Is not wanting someone to die really the cause of this whole thing? Was it because I loved Nathan that I didn't want him to die?

"Layal," Rosa shouted breaking me out of my thoughts. "Are you okay? You haven't eaten a thing off your plate. It's so not like you."

"Boy trouble," I scoffed and rolled my eyes.

She chuckled and stopped eating to place her hand on top of mine. "If you need anyone to talk to I'm here."

I looked up and met her friendly face. It was hard not to smile when being in the presence of Rosa because of the good heart that she has. I nodded and attempted to eat my dinner.

The day has been long and after Eric dropped me off at home he left to where I assumed was the pack house. I didn't want a war and I would hate to think that this was all because of me, but it is. I have no one else to blame for this but me. Amy wasn't allowed to talk to me, though she didn't exactly say those words, but her reply of 'don't worry about it' is sort of the same thing whenever I asked about this upcoming war.

I could be there at the pack house helping, but Gabe didn't trust me. How ironic. I was afraid of getting in too deep with Gabe because I didn't know whether I could trust him or not, and I was the one at the end that lost his trust.

The pain from earlier was creeping back in. I didn't want Rosa to see me, so I excused myself to head to the back yard's patio. It was still raining from earlier and the rain was nice and relaxing if it wasn't soaking you.

I sat on one of the matching chairs that were placed under the patio's roof and wrapped myself with the blanket that covered it. I've been in Kingsman for almost 3 months now and I never really took in the scenery of the backyard had.

Since we lived on top of the hill, we were overlooking over the city and in the distance you could see the top of the woods' trees. It was a beautiful sight especially with the storm cloud so close above from up here.

There's something's that we don't take the time out to really appreciate even if it is as something as simple as this view in front of me. I had this view everyday and I never really thought about it going anywhere. Though if I moved back to my suburban house in Houston, then I would really appreciate this once I lost it. I guess it's true what they say: you don't know what you have until you lose it.

All these cliché quotes running through my head, I couldn't help but laugh at myself for thinking they would never apply to me. Now here I am sitting alone because I couldn't be trusted by the people I truly cared about in this town.

"Thought some hot chocolate would be nice for this kind of weather," Rosa said placing a platter of two cups of steamy hot chocolate on the coffee table. She handed me one of them and took the other cup and sat down on the other matching chair next to me.

"Do you still love him," Rosa casually asked after a moment of silence.

I looked at her with wide eyes. How did she know? I don't recall telling her about my encounter with Gabriel earlier or about anything that has been going on that led her to think that I still loved Nathan.