Chapter 16

Chapter 16

I woke up in a sudden frenzy. I was sweating and breathing heavily. Wanting to shake the nightmare I just had. I ran toward the exit of my room.

I relaxed instantly when I made it out of my room and headed downstairs towards nowhere in particular.

It's been three days since I found out about the existence of werewolves. For a human, I had taken it better than expected or for anyone in that matter.

I've been in my only little world in past couple of days, trying to collect my thoughts and emotions with where I stood with Gabriel and wolves. To say that I was beyond scared that Gabriel asked me to be his girlfriend was an understatement.

My heart wasn't ready for that just yet, though it was telling me to say yes, while my mind just froze after he asked the question. I wanted to say yes so badly, but a part of me felt conflicted, so I just ran away like a coward that I am.

I've been avoiding Gabriel and Amy since then. They stopped trying to get me to talk to them and to explain what's wrong. I guess they were giving me time and I appreciated that.

I did need time. I wasn't ready for a relationship no matter what my body was telling me and no matter what odd connection I had with Gabriel. The damage has been done and I don't think I would be able to get through something like that if my hopes run too high only for it to devastatingly drop again.

I found myself in the kitchen, of course, and noticed that Rosa was already up searching for something in the cabinets. I scooted the high chair to the island back only for it to make a loud noise. Rosa quickly turned around with wide eyes and exhaled as soon as she noticed that it was just me.

"You're up extremely early," she questioned. Her head cocked to the side slightly, "is everything okay?"

"Yeah, just slept enough I guess," I quickly said and looked anywhere but directly at her eyes. My eyes landed on the time on the stove and my mouth dropped.

"Do you usually get up at five am?" I said successfully changing the subject.

"Everyday for almost fifteen years now," she shrugged and smiled happily. "Are you hungry?"

I smiled and chuckled a bit. Did she really need to ask me that?

"I'll take that as a yes," she shook her head.

I spent the whole morning with Rosa, watching her prepare breakfast and talking about anything and everything except one topic in particular that we both knew to avoid. She didn't know about Gabriel, or so I think she doesn't, but she knew better to ask me about it.

By the looks of it, Rosa enjoyed being here and working for my dad. I wanted so badly to know if she knew the insanely large population of wolves that lived in the area. She was probably one herself or my dad knew. What if he was one as well? That would make me...

No...

No way was that possible. Gabriel would have told me and no way would my dad date all those women if he were a wolf. He would have a mate by now. Though I thought well about asking about it I chose otherwise and it didn't help that the curiosity still killed me.

"Breakfast is served," she laid a plate of food in front me and it instantly snapped me out of the thoughts that were running through my head.

"Wow Rosa!" I exclaimed. "This looks delicious, like always."

"Good morning," I heard my father's voice enter the room. "Good morning honey. I didn't think you would be up this early." He gave me a small kiss on the top of my head and took the seat next to me.