Chapter 38

Stayed up to finish this chapter. It's about 4000 words long and in average my chapters are about 1500 words long! YIKES!

ENJOY! :)

-------------------------------------------

Chapter 38

"I'm here," I crossed my arms over my chest. "What is it, Nathan?" I asked impatiently.

The cool night breeze came from the west. The sky looked to be clear and the full moon was high above us shedding some light onto this dark evening.

"I found my mate," he let out in a sigh.

"That's great," I smiled. I was genuinely happy for him.

"You were right," he took a step closer.

"About what exactly," I replied as I took a step back.

"It's an indescribable feeling," he continued getting closer, but stopped as soon as he was a few steps in front of me. "I decided to go nomad from my dad's pack until he decided to pass Alpha to me. He's been out of it lately since I've left, but despite all the hardship he and the pack are going through I'm glad I left because I wouldn't have found my mate."

Well that explains the quiet and peace that our pack has been living in for the past few months.

"He should passed down the Alpha title to you soon since the Nevada and Midnight Moon packs already did so. Also, Gabriel will be taking over as Alpha soon as well. Maybe if your dad sees that, then he'll realize that it's time to give up his personal vendetta that he has against Shadow X pack." I was being hopeful for Nate's sake. He deserved to be Alpha because I know he won't lead his pack anything like his father.

"That's what I was hoping to talk to you about," he said. It wasn't hard to notice the nervousness in his body language. "I wanted you to talk to Gabriel about something."

"What," I asked immediately out of curiosity.

"Well my father won't step down until the pack territory has expanded and the only reason it hasn't is because Alpha Black won't grant more land to our pack." He sighed and continued, "so I was hoping you can convince Gabriel to talk to his dad about allowing our pack to gain more territory."

"There has to be a reason why he hasn't done it already," I questioned.

Nathan went stiff and looked behind me. I turned around and felt an arm around my waist.

"Nathan," Gabriel greeted and looked down to me. His eyes were black and his face unreadable. He looked back towards Nathan. "The reason why is because your dad is a tyrant. He's hungry for power and land or else my father would be more than willing to help out whoever has good intentions."

"If you grant my pack this one favor, then my father will step down and I will take over," Nathan replied.

"How do I know if I can trust that you won't be the same as your father or worse given your track record," Gabriel scoffed.

I squeezed Gabe's hand and looked up at him.

Gabe looked at me and back at Nathan.

"This isn't the time or place to be discussing this," he sighed. "Meet at the pack house tomorrow morning and we can discuss this with my father."

Nathan's body went stiff, but he just nodded and began walking away.

"I would love for you to bring your mate," I shouted out before he walked off.

"Mate?" Gabe said confusingly.

"I would love to meet her," I repeated as Nathan turned around and smiled.