Chapter 27

Hope you enjoy! It's in Gabriel's POV.

-------------------------------

Chapter 27

*Gabriel's POV*

I'm not the one to get jealous, but damn Lucas is really calling his death early. It hasn't even been a full three days that Layal and I have been together and this disgusting human Lucas has the audacity to try to flirt with her, like he does with 90 percent of the girls on this campus.

I couldn't help but smirk when Layal's attitude came off to be irritated and impatient with Lucas.

"Well since you asked, I guess I'll just get to it then," Lucas replied smugly.

He wouldn't dare.

"A couple of friends and I are going down to Santa Monica pier tonight and I was hoping you would like to come."

That's it.

He took it way too damn far. Lucas knows damn well that Layal James is off limits and she's MINE! I made sure the whole damn football team knew that—hell, I made sure the whole school knew that. Though Layal doesn't have to know.

The blood through my veins began pulsing at a ridiculously quick speed. I could feel my wolf trying to break through and rip this little punk's throat out. My wolf still wanted and needed Layal bad and he's the reason why I can't just reject her, even if she did me really wrong.

"Fuck no she wouldn't!" I stood up and shoved my desk out so I made sure it hit the back of Lucas' chair, and hard. I didn't hesitate to shove Lucas' pathetic weak body to the ground and strangle him.

"Who the hell do you think you are to ask her out?" This was my wolf talking. A growl followed and I could barely contain my wolf from finishing him off. I could feel my eyes turning dark and the muscles from every part of my body flexing and relaxing. This little fucker is going to learn the hard way to stay the fuck away from my mate. She is mine and belongs to me.

My wolf froze once I felt her presence leave the room. Suddenly, I could think straight and released Lucas' neck from my tight hold. His face was a bit blue, but that's what he gets.

"She's mine. Stay the fuck away from her. This is the last time I'm warning you." I spat at him and exited the class to follow Layal's scent.

I knew she would escape to hide in the ladies' room. Homeroom should be over in about... now. The bell rang and Layal stepped out of the ladies' room. I pulled her arm so that she would stop and I can look at her beautiful face. She looked like she had been crying. Her eyes looked droopy, tired.

"Let go of me," she attempted to snatch her arm back, but I didn't let go.

She looked angry once she realized that it was me. Was she over me? Mad at me?

My wolf whimpered at the thought of our mate hating us. He hated me for not going after her last night. We both can feel her calling out to us and despite the rain, her scent was still strong and it took every ounce of self-control I had in me to not go out there and get her. Kiss her, hold her, and tell her that I forgave her, but I knew I couldn't. I knew shouldn't. Because my heart still aches when images of her kissing Nathan that day in the woods, my head still feels like exploding when I think about all the things that she has kept from me that not only endangered her life multiple times but also endangered the pack.

My trust is still cracked and my pack members that love her almost as much as I do are not allowed to be around her until she proves her true self to me. Until she can tell me that she loves me with no hesitation. Until our hearts become one and she can open herself to me.