Chapter 6

Chapter 6              

*Layal*

I stood there contemplating whether to move or just stand there. I analyzed as Nathan got out of the black shiny car he drove in with Hanna. He must've rented it or bought it for all I know. It's so like Nathan to show up unexpectedly to surprise me.

He was approaching me and the closer he got the more I noticed a single red rose on his right hand. As soon as he was in front of me, he tucked his left hand into his sleek black Armani pants and held out the rose towards me.

"Layal, luv?" He said while coming closer to me and wrapping his arm around my waist. "You look a bit surprised." He chuckled and studied my entire face closely.

Without waiting another second, I wrapped my arms around Nathan's neck and buried my face into his chest. I felt a gentle kiss on the top of my head and his hand holding my head tightly against him.

After a few moments of standing like that, I heard someone clear their throat behind me. Crap I forgot that I was standing in front of the school. I'm definitely late for class now. I turned around to see Amy standing with her arms crossed. Her face was neutral, I couldn't tell if she was pissed or not. "Let's go, Layal. We're already late for class." Yup, she definitely leaning on the pissed side.

"Oh-" I began to say, but was cut off but Nathan's gentle pull closer to him.

"Layal is already excused from classes for the rest of the day." I looked up at Nathan questioningly. "I made a little phone call before I arrived here." He smirked, proud of himself.

Amy scuffed and I can tell she was rolling her eyes. When I turn to look back at her, she was shooting death glares towards Hanna and vice versa. I pulled away from Nathan for a moment to stop the argument that was about to erupt from these two. I pulled Amy closer to the school, so that neither Nathan nor Hanna can hear.

"I'm gonna go with Nathan and Hanna since I've already been excused. I'll see you at the party tomorrow, okay?" I reassured her, but by the way she was standing and shaking with rage, she wasn't going to let me go this easily. "Amy, you okay?"

She closed her eyes and exhaled loudly before she spoke. "Just be careful, Layal." She shot up and looked behind me. I turned around and saw that Hanna and Nathan were talking. "I feel something fishy coming from these two." She nodded her head behind me. "Gabriel's dad is the mayor of the city and he'll kick anyone out who tries obstruct anything in any form." If I wasn't mistaken, it sounded more like a threat than it did a reminder.

"Uh, don't worry about it Amy. They're just here for the weekend." I said as calmly as I could manage. "I'll text you later to ask if I missed anything important."

She nodded her head, shot one last glare behind me, and walked off to class. I turned around and Nathan is two steps away from me, handing me the rose. I took it and hugged him once more before reaching up for a kiss. He gently grabbed my face and kissed me one last time on the lips then my nose.

I feel content that my boyfriend and best friend are here.

***

*Hanna*

"When are you going to tell her? She has to hear it from us or she'll never trust us and our whole plan is ruined." By the way Amy, the Alpha of the Shadow X Pack's cousin, was watching me and Nathan, she'll definitely notify the Alpha that new wolves have enter their headquarter city. So of course I am extremely worried about going to this party tomorrow, not to mention there will be a house filled with SX wolves.

"Shhh!" Nathan warned me. "Layal will overhear if you don't lower down your damn voice."

He pulled me away from the grand stairs in Layal's house further into the back of the huge house.

"Don't forget that we're here just for the weekend to show that sad excuse of an Alpha Gabriel that his precious mate is blindly in love with me. I'll try to convince her to come back to Houston and it'll ruin the SX pack for good and our pack will take over. Especially after tonight, I'm gonna take her virtue and then I'll tell her." He smirked reminding me of the plan he and his father put together.

"Right," I smirked back and push myself closer to him so that my cleavage was pressed against his burly chest.

He crushed his lips against mine and carried me out through a door that led outside. Pulling up my skirt and moving my panties to the side, he slammed me against a wall. We had enough time just for one quickie before Layal came down.

***

*Layal*

"Slow down there," I pulled away from Nathan when I felt my shirt going up from under his touch.

It was 3am in the morning and Nathan is no way allowed at this time, especially in my room, in my bed. Eric would not only kill him but he'll tell my dad and then I'll be dead. Eric already dislikes Nathan because he took me out of school without his permission, but then again it was my fault because I forgot to text him that I was home already and he was freaking out when I didn't come out after school.

"Come on, L. I barely get to see any of your flawless caramel skin. We've been together for two years." He pleaded with those puppy dog emerald eyes that I could hardly resist. "You're my girl and I want to make you mine, completely." He whispered in my ear while lifting his body off me and balancing on his right arm.

Yes, he sneaked in through the window, so cliché, but what can I say Nathan is the walking definition of cliché and I love that about him.

I sighed, not knowing what to do. I wasn't ready, but I didn't want to upset Nathan. His gorgeous green irises held mine while waiting patiently for my reply.

What am I waiting for? He's the love of your life, Layal. It's true, the sexiest thing he's probably seen me that showed some skin is my Victoria Secret corset and panties that barely showed half my butt cheeks. He absolutely loved it and insisted that I shopped more at VS, even taking me and paying for whatever I would like, but of course I refused. I've given him such a hard time about this topic. He's been so patient, loving, and considerate, so I nodded and removed my grip on his hand, giving him permission to continue.

*hot scene cut out*

Before Nate could go any further, an agonizing pain instantly came from the core of my stomach.

-He's not yours to give you the pleasure you seek.- I heard a voice say in my head.

I gasped and held my stomach to stop the pain. Nathan got off my bed quickly and it is as if the further he went the more the pain eased away.

"Where are you going," I asked him.

"It's true," he mumbled to himself.

"What's true," I exclaimed with confusion. "Nate! What's going on?"

"I have to go," he said quickly.

I turned to the lamp on my bedside to turn it on so that I could see Nathan's face better, but when I turned back, he was gone.

I jumped off of my bed and looked out my window, but there was nothing in sight but the city lights and Eric's guesthouse.

He's not yours. The voice in my head repeated before the confusion began to fill my mind.