Chapter 9

As some of you may know, most of this story is already written. I'm going through each chapter one by one editing, fixing, adding, taking away certain things that best fit the story. I upload them as soon as I think they're ready to be published.

Other than that, I really hope you enjoy this story more than I enjoy writing it!

I know you all are wondering when the hell is Layal and Gabriel going to get together. I promise after this chapter things will begin to kick-start for them.

Enjoy :)

----------------------

Chapter 9

*Layal*

"Well?"

I wasn't about to fall for puppy dog eyes at the moment. I need an explanation and I need one now.

"Layal," Nate's face twisted into a painful look. His voice was interlaced with regret. "You, you jumped out of my car! I was so scared. One second you were there and the next you were gone and all I see is the passenger door fly open."

He rushed over to me and grabbed my left hand. "Please forgive me for my behavior the other night." He kissed my hand and rested his forehead on the bed.

I heard a scoff and turned to see that Amy was rolling her eyes. She didn't believe a thing he was saying and neither was Eric by the looks of it.

"Where's your car?" I asked him in a monotone. I didn't want to give him any clue if I was going to forgive or not. "When I jumped out of the car, I heard a huge splash. How the hell did you escape that alive or without any injuries?"

I felt him tense. He wouldn't lift his head from the bed. I looked up at everyone in the room and smiled. "Do you guys mind if we have a few minutes alone?"

"Yes, we do mind." Eric said abruptly. "No way in hell am I leaving alone with him." He pointed towards Nathan.

"It's okay Eric. I'll be fine." I didn't like the way Eric spoke about Nathan. Eric was a really friendly guy and even though he didn't like the fact that I was old enough to have a boyfriend, he still seemed to accept whatever made me happy. "Trust me." I said in between my teeth with wide eyes.

"Fine, but I'll be right outside your door." It didn't sound like a reminder to me, but he was definitely directing it towards Nathan.

Everyone followed behind Eric. Amy was the last one to exit and before she did, she turned around and mouthed 'liar' and pointed at Nathan. I didn't know how to react to that. I knew Nathan wasn't being completely honest with me and it did piss me off because he knew how much I hate dishonesty.

Everyone was out. I turned back to Nathan and lightly placed my hand on top of his head. He lifted his head slowly and what I saw scared me. His eyes were bloodshot and his face was the same color as a tomato. "Please forgive me," he whispered.

"Nate, I..." I didn't know what to say. I was taken aback by the way he is right now. I've never seen him like this. "I just need an explanation. I-I heard your car fall into the river!" I could feel my emotions getting the best of me. It hurt me to see Nathan like this, but some part of me felt weird about his reaction. "I need to know how you're on your two feet." I paused. "How long have I been asleep?"

His eyes glistened for a moment. "You've been asleep for three days. I recovered yesterday at noon and by the time the sun was setting I was on my feet." He was thinking about something. His eyes weren't directed at me, but at something next to me. His mind was somewhere else. "If I didn't get out of the car quick enough I would've drowned."