Chapter 35

Deep apologies for the long wait. I suck, I know!

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Chapter 35

It has been more than two months since the battle against the Midnight Moon pack and the rescue of the Alpha and Luna. It was safe to say that these past two months have been nothing but bliss.

I was your ordinary teenager finishing up my last semester in high school with some of the most amazing friends and boyfriend. I can finally say that the move to Kingsman was the best choice that I have ever made in the seventeen years that I have been alive. I was never sure about anything in my life, but this—this right here—where I am, what I am doing, and whom I am doing it with and for, is more than about myself.

It is amazing how a person will not be truly satisfied in life unless they are doing more for others than for themselves and still doing it knowing you will not get anything in return and not wanting anything in return. A person who is perfectly and truly content with just giving than receiving only comes from a person who has been to hell and back.

In these past two months, I have had two deep thoughts of Nathan, wondering where he was and if he was truly happy. Also, I wondered if he and his father stopped their personal vendetta against the Shadow X pack. I never spoke to anyone else about Nathan's change of heart that morning, but Gabe reassured his father that they were no longer our concern. Though his father was not sure about it at first, he now is thanks to time and no threats or any danger reported since.

I know most of you are wondering what is new with Gabriel and I and I must say that I have never been happier. He has been nothing but the best person a person can ever ask for. We are still happily engaged and I am officially living with him, though my father was not pleased about that.

My mother adores Gabriel and she never liked any of my boyfriends, so I have my mom on my side. My parents still do not know about my new engagement and they won't know any time soon due to the fact that my nerves flip just thinking about telling them. Gabriel keeps insisting to tell them since he will be taking over the pack really soon and we need to be married before he does. He happily agreed to get married after graduation for me.

I couldn't help but smile at that.

"A penny for your thoughts," Gabe whispered in my ear, breaking me out of the past two months.

"Guess," I smirked and turned my head to kiss his cheek. We were sitting in the cafeteria for lunch and my pizza was demolished thanks to my thoughts getting the best of me.

"Hmm," he dramatically wondered as he took the seat next to me and wrapped his arm around my waist and brought me closer to him. "Prom."

Prom? Now that he brought it up, it was hard to miss all the posters that are around school reminding us that prom was right around the corner.

"No, that's not it," I casually said, so there was no hint that I had completely forgot. My attempt was a failure.

"You forgot," he sighed. "How can you possibly forget?"

He sounded upset. Gabriel was determined that I finished my senior year as normal as possible and even pushed me to apply to as many colleges as possible. I hate when he blames himself for things like this, like why I don't want to go to college anymore or hang out with friends that I never had before I met him or go to the prom. Do normal things like what humans would do.

"I didn't forget, Gabe," I pulled on his collar so that he would look at me. "As long as you're there, then so am I."

"Prom is this Saturday, love."

It's Thursday and I really thought that it wasn't until another two weeks. This time I couldn't hide the shock from my face. He sighed again and turned away.

"I'm sorry," I murmured. "I really want to go with you."

"No, you don't. You feel like you have to go."

"That's not true." It really wasn't true and I was determined to make him see that, so I opened up my mind to him. He needed to know what state of mind I have been in. Why I am the way I am.

I leaned in closer to him resting my cheek on his arm. He didn't move and continued to stare at nothing in particular, even though the cafeteria was filled with students and our table was filled with wolves that were consumed with plans of the prom.

I showed Gabriel how happy I am. How my happiness is because of him. My everyday life is consumed of him and how I can't see my future without him. It wasn't something I could put verbally. It was more than that. I had to show him my emotions, my mind, my heart.

When he looked back at me, his eyes were glowing. It was hard to look away. The bronze was being mixed with a lighter caramel. His face was neutral, yet calm and relieved.

He leaned in to kiss me and if it wasn't our current location it would have went further.

"Thank you for that," he said after breaking the kiss. "I was starting to believe that you were thinking about how your life could have been if you hadn't met me."

"Meeting you is the best thing that has ever happened to me and you clearly saw that," I smiled and held his hand in mine. "I'll go shopping with Amy after school."

"And we are leaving right after school," she responded right away.

"Oh, Amy," I laughed and leaned in closer to Gabe.

******

"I really liked the first dress I tried on," I complained as she handed me a million more dresses to try on.

"It was disgusting and you're just saying that so you don't try on anymore dresses. Come on, Layal, I know you by now." She continued to look through the racks. "If it were up to you, you would go in your jeans and shirt." She rolled her eyes as if I was a loss cause when it came to dressing myself.

I walked away before I said something I did not mean just to get out of this and I know that would only prove to Gabe that I did not want to go to prom. To be honest, I am only going because of him.

I caught a glimpse of a light blue sparkly fabric in between the dresses on the racks. I pulled it out and held it up high to get a better look at it and made my way to the dressing room.

It was almost a miracle that I found a dress that I can say fit perfectly and looks amazing.

"Absolutely stunning," Amy said behind me. "You sure did prove me wrong."

The dress hugged my breast and waist perfectly and flowed down to my feel. The sheer fabric complemented perfectly with the snowy blue satin underneath. The dress left my entire back exposed and the sleeves covering my arms. I loved it.

"Perfect," I smiled, looking back at the pile of dresses that I no longer had to try on.

Finding the right shoes was worse than finding the actual dress. If Amy wasn't my best friend, I think I would have strangled her by now.

"I think I'll go barefoot," I sighed giving up a long time ago.

"Very funny," she boxed up the last pair and left them there. "Let's go. I think I have a pair in my closet that I'm hoping would go perfectly."

---------------------------------------

From brawl to prom?

Any predictions?

<3