Chapter 41(Part I)

Chapter 41 (Part I)

*Gabe's POV*

"Why is the Alpha of the South American continent calling me," I asked out loud as I drove through the dark eerie Sequoia.

"Alpha Mendez despises my father. The news about my father's espionage must have reached him." Nathan replied from the passenger seat.

It has been two hours since we left Kingsman and three hours since I last heard from my father. We only had about thirty minutes left until we reached our destination. Hayden and Britney sat in the back quietly as they typed away on their laptops and devices. There is no doubt that they will locate these rogues.

"Hmm," I thought to myself. Maybe Alpha Mendez will be very useful right now.

"Alpha Mendez," I answered.

"Gabriel Black," I heard his deep urgent voice greet me on the other line. "Just say the word and an army will be there by dawn to take that son of a bitch down."

I turned to look at Nathan. He was smirking with a 'I told you' shrug.

"Thank you. Shadow X pack is in your debt." I felt a little relieved because that gave us a plan B.

"No debts. You're doing me a favor," he smugly responded before hanging up.

"What do you have for me," I asked out loud to Hayden and Britney.

"These rogues are nomads, but they travel in a small pack. They're known as the American nomadic rogues, very well known in this side of the world by other packs." Hayden quickly said as he continued to type away.

"They don't settle down in one place for too long, so they have small pack houses all over the continent that are well hidden deep in the woods and mountains." Britney added. "They've caused trouble in more than thirty of the packs in North America."

"Apparently the Alpha of this rogue pack originally belonged in the Nevada pack." Hayden said shockingly. "I think he's the elder son of the Alpha."

"So Brett has an older brother?" I said mostly to myself.

Nevada does not like the Midnight Moon, which we took down a few months ago. Brett's older brother is the Alpha of a nomadic rogue pack, which means that he has a personal vendetta against his former pack. Therefore, he despises Shadow X for allying with Nevada pack, which probably led him to agree to work with the White pack. "Enemy of an enemy is a friend."

"That makes a lot of sense," Nathan said. "Nevada is under the silver oak and white poppy. All the packs in the continent are, so that means that the rogues are taking this as an opportunity to go rogue in their former packs."

Just as Nathan made his last statement, I slammed on the brakes, hard. I saw a wolf figure in the distance. Registering what Nathan had just said out loud, I quickly jumped out of the car and shifted to catch up to the wolf. A wolf that big and fast must have Alpha blood running through his veins.

The rogues are in the area. No doubt they are running in different directions. They know we are here. I'm going after the Alpha. Take down as many as you can. I ordered them through the mind link.

Realization kicked in. Everything is at stake right now. We cannot let any of these rogues get back to their former packs and wreak havoc. This will cause a domino effect that will bring down the whole continent.

I quickly ran after the brown wolf that I spotted yards away. His scent was still strong so that means he's not too far from here. I ran through the Sequoia a few times before when I was in camp, so I wasn't totally oblivious to where I was going.