Chapter 33

Chapter 33

The sun was high above the sky by the time we finally made it back to the pack house. Gabriel was right; the other team did forfeit the game due to lack of players. By the looks of how many injured wolves occupied the pack doctor's house after last night's brawl, I can only imagine how the other packed looked.

I was sprawled out on Gabriel's bed. Gabriel was in the shower and I just lay there pondering on thoughts of events that occurred yesterday.

Why did Gabriel avoid the question I asked him yesterday after he had finished talking to that guy? Or if I was fighting the Alpha, then whom was Gabriel fighting? Why was he keeping it from me?

I replayed scenes from yesterday when Gabriel was fighting the other wolf. He did look oddly familiar, but there wouldn't be two Alphas in one pack, would there?

That's when it hit me like a buckle of cold water.

Nathan.

It was Nathan. Of course it was Nathan! Who else would have it been? I knew it he was going to be there since his father played as a distraction in Kingsman while they kidnapped the Alpha and Luna.

I felt frustrated with this whole thing, so I stripped off my clothes and joined Gabriel in the shower.

He did not say much and neither did I. There wasn't much to say. We had each other and that's what mattered at the end of the day. Even if Nathan was there yesterday, what's the big deal ?

Who am I fooling? A part of me wanted to know if he was alive. Okay, a huge part of me and I didn't know how to ask Gabriel that without seeming to care, especially since he almost rejected me because he thought I still loved Nathan. I needed to figure this out before it got the best of me and Gabriel is so quick to figure out everything about me, as if I'm an open book.

I needed to stop thinking about something as irrelevant as that at the moment and focus on my mate. We embraced each other in the warmth of the water, appreciating every second together.

I can only imagine how it feels to almost lose your mate and both your parents in just a matter of a few days. The questions that clouded my mind seemed irrelevant for now, in fact it made me feel a pinged of guilt for being so selfish and only thinking about what interested me when I had this perfectly sculpted person in front me, who truly loves me.

I needed Gabriel to relax and have a day of tenderness and sanity.

When we got out of the shower, I turned around to connect my lips to Gabriel's. It was natural, and soon enough it landed me on the bed with him hovering over me.

He began tracing soft hungry kisses down my neck, to the curve of my breast, and stop right below my stomach.

[Scene excluded out, but yes Layal finally gives herself to Gabriel]

"I love you," I whispered and kissed his bare chest.

"I love you, always."

We spent the whole morning and afternoon appreciating each other to the best of our ability. I knew we had to get out of the room sooner or later.

"We should go see how everyone is doing," I began to climb off the bed and remembered that I didn't have clothes. "I should really go home later. My dad is probably worried about me." I ran my hand through my damp hair.

Gabriel's wolfy chuckle made me turn back around to see his face. "No need, love." He pulled me back so that I sat on his lap. "Your dad already knows almost everything and most of your clothes are already here thanks to your house keeper, Rosa."