Chapter 23

I really appreciate all their support! Love you guys!

Enjoy!

---------------------------

Chapter 23

"What is it," Gabriel asked.

By now the storm clouds were creeping up making the day look gloomy and dark. I shivered and Gabriel wrapped me back into his arms. The shiver had nothing to do with the weather. I was afraid and wasn't sure how to tell him about Nathan.

"What is that you need to tell me," he asked after a while. After what he said about me having previous relationships, I can tell he was expecting the worst. He was implying something and was waiting for me to tell him.

"I have had a previous relationship and it ended horribly," I began to say and pulled away enough to face him. I climbed off his lap and sat in from of him with my legs crossed in. My head was down when I continued. "I was in love before."

He shifted a bit when I said that, but didn't say anything. I was too afraid to look up at him so I began playing with my hands on my lap.

"When I didn't come to school for a while, I was dealing with the break up. After two years in a serious relationship, it took a severe toll on me too recover especially when I figured out how shady and unfaithful he had been since my seventeenth birthday." I paused remembering the tape I saw of my ex-best friend and ex-boyfriend. "After I turned seventeen my best friend and my boyfriend have been plotting against me and were even kind enough to each other to well you know," I chuckled humorlessly and shook my head.

"I'm sorry," he whispered and took my hand. I looked up and his face was unreadable. I can only imagine how hard it is for him to hear about my old love life before I met him.

"It's okay," I smiled reassuringly. "I recovered eventually."

He smiled halfheartedly. Something was bothering him. It's kind of bizarre that I knew what it was.

"My ex boyfriend was Nathan," I blurted out.

I studied his face and it remained neutral.

"Kinda figured that out," he managed to say. I've never seen him so down. Gabriel held my hand in his and I was more than thankful that he wasn't pushing me away. I brushed my other hand on top of his and exhaled. There was more and I knew he was going to react differently to what I was about to tell him.

"The night of Britney's party," I began to say, "Nathan was in town and he came to the party with me. He didn't like how close I had gotten with Amy, so we left the party early."

"Amy knew about you and Nathan?" Obviously I shouldn't have mentioned Amy now he's probably going give her a hard time for not telling him.

"It's not Amy's fault I asked her not to tell anyone," I quickly said.

He simply nodded, but I could tell that it really bothered him that Amy was aware of it.

"On our way home, he was driving insanely and was shouting weird things at that time I didn't understand, but now I know."

"What was he shouting?" Gabriel sat back against the fence looking at me intently as I told my story. I could tell that he was beginning to grow impatient and angry the more that I preceded. This is what I expected and was afraid that he was going to react this way. But it's time for him to know.

"He was saying that 'he wasn't going to let this pack win again' or something along those lines." Gabriel stiffened and I heard a growl beginning to erupt from within him.