Chapter 41 (Part II)

EDITED on March 12, 2022. 

Chapter 41 (Part II)

*Gabe*

It was a little passed noon. Marco, Nathan, and I were camping out a little further away from the pack house. Marco's army and my gifted army were formed around the pack house clearing perimeter awaiting my order to attack. Everyone knows what they need to do. Nathan and I will make our way into the pack house during the fight, while Marco ensures no one follows after us.

The hardest part about the whole operation is to make sure there are no Shadow X causalities, even though they are unknowingly fighting against us, at the end of the day they are still a part of the pack. We decided that it was best to attack a little after the sunsets, so that our element of surprise is carried out at full force.

It wasn't hard to miss the scent of the white poppy and silver oak radiating from the house. It's as if it was slowly being released into the atmosphere in waves like smoke from a chimney. I squeezed the black lavender syringe tight in my hand. Marco and Nathan have the other 2. I'm just hoping their blood feud against one another is put to the side or else this whole op could fail.

Hayden and Britney were positioned up in the trees where they got a better view of my dad's office. I'm thankful for the enormous sunroof ceiling that was recently installed into that same office because my father didn't like the darkness the woods brought into the office. That sunroof ceiling gave Hayden a perfect visual of who was in the office. Unlike the last battle, White decided that it was better to keep my father in the office, probably thinking that it would be too predictable to keep him in the basement again. We just needed one drop of black lavender to touch my father's skin and it will flow into his veins almost instantly that way the whole pack will be off the white poppy and silver oak. If that happens, then we'll be able to take down White once and for all.

A part of me was still in disbelief about the fact that my pack is in this predicament. How could I allow myself to be so blinded to the activities that have been occurring in my continent? Was my father aware? He was always out on business trips, but rarely did he mention rogues or the fact that White has made several visits to other packs in the past. Maybe my father was unaware as well. I don't know, but as soon as I'm Alpha several changes will take place.

There were several wolves and rogues patrolling the pack house, but it seemed that they wouldn't go as far as the clearing that circled around around. -Hayden find out why the wolves are remaining in the clearing of the pack house.-

-Britney is already on it. I have a perfect visual of Alpha Black. He is chained up and unconscious.- Hayden hesitantly stated. -Seems like he took a brutal beating.-

The anger that was coursing through me was almost unbearable. I needed to contain it before I completely lose it and blow this whole operation. Patience. I had to make sure that this plays out according to plan. My mate is awaiting my return, no doubt impatiently. I chuckled to myself just imagining the tantrum she's throwing or the outbursts that she allows people to experience, even complete strangers. Hence Marco. The thought of Layal brought my nerves and mood to a complete calmness almost instantly.

There were still a few more hours left before the initial attack at sundown, so it was best that everyone got some rest since it has been a long 24 hours for everyone.

While everyone rested, I tapped into Layal's mind. She hates when I do that but it's the only thing that'll calm me down enough to rest.

She seemed confused, concerned, and amazed at the same time. The emotions and thoughts that run through her are enticing. She's always concerned for others and thinking about ways to save the day.