Part 29: When it's Christmas

"Dan?" Said the sleepy man curled up next to me in bed.

I opened one eye to look at Phil. "Hmm?" I said with equal sleepiness.

"It's Christmas Dan." He said with a loud yawn. He shook me violently. "Dan! It's Christmas!!!"

I smiled without opening my eyes. He was just so damn cute. He jumped on top of me and started bouncing on me. "Dan wake up..."

I shook off the blankets suddenly. I grabbed his face in my hands and kissed him happily.

Happily.

I hadn't been happy in months. This was the best I had felt in forever. Not since before they died. I pulled away from him and he grinned a blush spread across his face.

"Happy Christmas." I say softly.

He glanced hungrily at my lips, but got off of me. He leaned against the door and watched me as I dressed. "What are we going to do today? Are your parents having a party?"

I shook my head. "Nah. Nothing much. Louise and Darcy might come over later. That ok?"

"Yeah." He said in a distracted way.

I glance at him. "Come on Phil, stop eye-fucking me for a second. Do you want pancakes?"

He looked up guitlily. "Yeah...I love you." He called down the hallway as I started walking to the kitchen.

"I love you too." I yelled back with a grin. I took out the ingredients and mixed them carefully. A pair of warm arms wrapped around my waist. He kissed my neck softly and a shiver ran down my spine.

"It's weird not going out with Chris and PJ. It's Christmas after all. Normally they'd be a tornado around the flat. Running around, yelling, kissing, and just being complete idiots. I miss them." He whispers as he hold a me tightly.

I sigh and swallow the lump in the back of my throat. "Me too.