21. Preparing the Bait

"Why the hell would you let them talk over you? You would've simply just said no." Vanessa argued, as I told her about my 4 dates to Winter Formal.

"Look, I can't reject Andrew since I need to get switched back, I can't reject Matthew because I'd feel bad, I can't reject Levi because I originally have always wanted to go with him, and Logan I can't reject because I don't wanna be switched back to The TigerSharks with him having any problems with me." I cried, praying for her to accept my strategic plan to make everything work out.

"Who's the other girls you're talking about?" Vanessa breathed, visibly taking in my explanation of why I can't reject anyone.

"I was thinking Savannah, and someone else but I don't know yet." I replied, my mind racing for another girl. "Wait I got it! What about that girl I saw in the festival with Levi?" I exclaimed.

"What festival? Wait what?" Vanessa furrowed her eyebrows at me.

"Oh right you weren't there." I anxiously smiled, knowing she probably would wanna hear about what happened. "Well, there's this girl Levi and I met in a festival, and her boyfriend is in the same team as me."

"Arielle you're so stupid, why in the hell would she agree to take your place with Matthew, if she's probably already going with her boyfriend?" Vanessa snapped, putting my mind back into place.

"I'll try to make it work, don't worry." I sighed dryly, looking down at my bed.

"CASHMERE!" I exclaimed, catching up to him as he walked his way into the locker room

"CASHMERE!" I exclaimed, catching up to him as he walked his way into the locker room. "I need your help."

I explained my situation with him and how he totally agreed about how crazy my plan was. But for some reason he agreed? Wait he agreed?

"Wait what?" I asked curiously.

"I'm not gonna be able to go to the Winter Formal thing anyway since I have a football game. I'm pretty sure Diamond will be able to help you." He smiled sweetly, moving a piece of long golden curly strand of hair, away from his face.

These overly privileged rich parents and their overly privileged rich kids being named after expensive materials, I can't even..

"Do you think she'll agree?" I opened my mouth as I suddenly noticed everything coming together.

"Yea, she will." He breathed, taking a pause to continue speaking again. "She'll be coming after practice today so you'll be able to talk to her."

"I cannot thank you enough Cashmere!" I smiled brightly to show my gratitude, proceeding to walk to my locker to grab my towel.