27. Bathing in Awkwardness

"So how's your girlfriend honey?" Rosalyn queried gleefully, gulping down the tasty lasagna.

Um..

"Nana I don't have a girlfriend." Xavier affirmed, looking at me strange for no apparent reason.

"Then who was that young lady you brought into the house the other day?" Rosalyn continued.

"Nana. That was the neighbor next door who always gives you apple pie." Xavier sighed, subtly having an annoyed facial expression on his face.

"Oh my, now I understand." Rosalyn cackled. "I'm sorry honey, you know me, always forgetting things."

"It's alright Nana, I'm finished." Xavier spoke, grabbing his plate into the kitchen.

"I'm sorry if he's being rude to you sweetie, deep inside his actually a kind hearted boy. You just gotta break through that window and you'll know what I mean." Rosalyn simpered, gently patting my shoulder as she walked the dishes back into the kitchen.

"Follow me." Xavier commanded dryly, his silver eyes staring intently at me.

We walked upstairs quietly as my mind raced about what he wanted from me. We entered his room again, his quiet self proceeding to sit on one of the two beds. Why the hell would he have two beds in his room?

"This one is mine, go sleep on the other one." Xavier commanded, pointing his index finger at the other bed. "I would kick you out and force you to sleep downstairs on the couch so you can freeze and die, but sadly I can't because my grandma would kill me." He continued.

"Oh well, thanks anyway." I replied, trying to process his rude comment. Who even owns 2 beds in their room?

I walked to his bathroom while his eyes followed me curiously. The minute I got inside, I immediately took off the shorts he gave me considering over the fact that it looks so baggy and nasty. So instead, I just replaced it with clean shorts I already had inside my bag.

I turned off the bathroom lights as I quickly noticed his eyes widening at me the minute I walked out.

"A-are you wearing anything underneath?" Xavier awkwardly asked, his eyes shuffling left and right as his cheeks turned to a shade of pink. "Not that I wanted to know if you weren't! I jus-" I quickly decided to cut off his babbling.

"Yea I am, calm down." I laughed anxiously. "It just looks like that because the shirt you gave me is huge." I smiled, walking over to my bed.

"Hey Xavier." I cooed softly, pulling the warm blanket over my body.

"What now?" He replied with an annoyed tone in his voice, turning off the bright lamp, causing the moonlight to illuminate pass the velvet satin curtains.

"I love you." I teased, breaking out in loud laughter.

"Shut up and go to sleep." He groaned, rapidly putting a pillow over his head.

"I don't know why it's so hard for you to say you love me." I continued to tease. "If you didn't, you wouldn't have brought me here." I threw a pillow at him, making him curse to himself.

"I will knock you out! Go to sleep!" Xavier angrily yelled.

"You can't hit a girl." I smiled deviously.