34. Frostbite Pt. 1

I slowly raised my head up, which was buried against Xavier's chest. I awkwardly shuffled out of his grasp as the bright rays of sunlight coming from the window momentarily blinded me.

Not leaving the bed, I quickly sat up, rubbing my eyes with my hand, then looking back at Xavier who looked like as if he was glowing because of the rays of sunlight perfectly shining onto his face. I couldn't help but stare at him weirdly as his grey eyes quickly opened and squinted at me, catching my weird and embarrassing need to stare at him while he slept.

"Were you just sitting there, staring at me until I woke up?" His deep voice cooed, causing me to snap my head away from embarrassment.

"Um. No, I was just preparing to wake you up." I lied horribly, my eyes remaining to stay widened until I felt a strong tug behind my shirt, bringing me back to lay down next him.

"I can tell when you're lying." He groaned into my ear, wrapping an arm around my waist to hug me.

"Kids! Breakfast is rea-" Rosalyn blurted out as she rapidly busted the door wide open. "You two looked like you had a good night." She laughed. "Go ahead and get ready kids, and then go downstairs! I cooked waffles." She continued proudly, proceeding to leave the room with her nimble self.

Xavier didn't even seemed to be shocked or weirded out, instead just remained a calm facial expression as he left his eyes shut the whole time Rosalyn came in the room.

"I'm gonna get up, waffles sounds really good right now." I moaned, thinking about the last time I ever had a heavenly waffle enter my mouth. "Are you coming?"

"Mmm." His morning voice grumbled beside me, quickly making my eyes close in annoyance.

Xavier didn't bother saying anything back, instead just latched his arms off of me, pulling the blanket over his body as I quietly walked out of the room.

Who the hell would rather sleep than eat?

"This is a compliment my dear, I'm sorry if it ends up sounding odd, but you look exactly like my daughter when she was about your age

"This is a compliment my dear, I'm sorry if it ends up sounding odd, but you look exactly like my daughter when she was about your age." Rosalyn complimented, throwing me a polite smile. "Same long beautiful black hair, same bright blue eyes, and same clear porcelain skin. Just outstandingly gorgeous." She laughed, handing me the plate of waffles that hit my nose with the intense smell of euphoria.

"Thank you so much, I'm just grateful for good genes." I joked, causing her to laugh with me. "I just kidding, I'm a potato."

"Xavier is still sleeping?" She queried, looking up the stairs if he was coming.

"Yea, he is." I simpered, trying my hardest to fight the temptation of eating before anyone else.

"I can tell he really likes you." She smiled brightly.

"I doubt he doe-" I was quickly interrupted with a familiar deep voice that entered the room.

"I like who?" Xavier queried with his eyebrows furrowed down at me and Rosalyn.