33. A Night to Remember

"Are you coming?" Xavier's deep voice queried impatiently.

I remained quiet, letting out an audible grunt in annoyance.

Rosalyn's small and nimble body slowly rushed towards me with her cute baking mittens that had cat embroidering all over it.

"Oh sweetie, I'm so happy you came! It's very quiet here without you around, since Xavier just locks himself up in his room, doing whatever teenage boys do these days." She laughed, politely gesturing for me to sit down near the dining table. "Come, take a seat, don't be shy." She smiled.

"Thank you so much for having me. I really did miss your amazing cooking skills." I laughed, taking a glance of Xavier rolling his eyes at me across the table.

"Well I'm happy you liked my cooking!" Her voice turned to an echo as she entered the kitchen. "Because you sure will have more of it." She came back with 3 slices of what seemed to be the key lime pie she was talking about.

I can't lie, this looked so mouthwatering, and that's saying a lot if it's more mouthwatering than Xavier right now. Rosalyn proceeded to talk about her experience in being a teacher in culinary school as the three of us indulged the heavenly pie.

All of my sufferings in hunger and fatigue was all taken away with one bite. The scent of the pie heavily induced my brain to urge my hands in devouring it.

"Arielle do you want another slice?" Rosalyn queried nicely as I plumbed back at my chair, thinking over the fact that I literally just had 7 slices of the pie, and I'm not even over exaggerating

"I'm fine. Thank you so much, it was delicious, I loved it." I sighed as my stomach felt so full.

"Yea, we can surely tell you loved it." Xavier loudly murmured, taking a loud sip of his tea.

"Xavier don't be rude! You two should go and get settled, I'll be here to clean up." Rosalyn smiled, taking the plates back into the kitchen. I asked if I could help but she sadly insisted.

"Follow me." Xavier commanded, gesturing for me to go upstairs with him.

"Xavier I need to go home." I awkwardly let out, slowly following the steps into his room.

"No you don't." He replied quick and stern, walking himself towards his closet.

"Xavier yes I do! I don't wanna be a problem like last time. Why do you want me to sleep here anyway?"

"You're not a problem here." He casually shrugged, throwing me a shirt from his drawer.

"You ignored the other part that I said." I raised an eyebrow at him, slowly crossing my arms in impatience.

"Ignored what part?" He played dumb, then doing the unexpected which caught me so off guard.

"What are you doing?" I quietly asked, awkwardly tucking a strand of hair behind my ear. I tried my best in controlling my eyes to not weirdly scan over his perfectly chiseled shirtless body right now, but it's really hard.