Moody mornings and awful pick-up lines

Rafa's pov (povs will alternate between Rafa, Mikhail and Raif)

I pushed my head further into my pillow as the annoying voice of my brother screeched into my ear, "wake up Rafa you're gonna get us late to school!!" He said while taking another pillow and smacking me with it.

"We have a whole thirty minutes though!" I yelled before taking the pillow from him and hugging it to my chest. Just as I was about to get comfy again, he dragged me by my ankles and I fell onto the floor groaning in pain. "Just get up already, Mikhail's downstairs and you know how mad his parents will get if he's late to school."

"Well no one told him he had to drive us." I mumbled as I sat up rubbing at my eyes and patting my messy hair down

"Yeah but he's just nice like that now hurry go or I'll force you in the bathroom myself. It's a whole new day Rafa, a whole new adventure, you should be excited!" He said before walking out of my bedroom. My brother will be the death of me.

I rubbed a hand over my face and tiredly but quickly got ready. Raif was right, if I was the reason Mikhail got yelled at for being late to school then I'd feel a whole lot guilty. His parents are the strictest beings I have ever come across, wanting their son to be the most perfect he can get. Some parents are just like that but his are borderline aggressive on it. There must be a reason behind it but if Mikhail hasn't shared it with us it mustn't matter.

I remember the time when he got locked in his room the whole day because he was out playing with Raif and I a bit longer than he was supposed to be. Ever since then Raif and I have grown accustomed to Mikhail's weird timings and quick departures.

Grabbing a black scarf I wrapped it around my head, pinning  it down before grabbing my assignment that was due about two days ago but me being a huge procrastinator didn't hand it in on time. Looking over my appearance one more time I then headed downstairs.

The loud voices of Mikhail and Raif could be heard as I made my way into the kitchen where mother was placing pancakes for all three of us on plates. I said my salaams before plopping myself down in the seat beside Mikhail.

He grinned at me as my mother kissed my forehead. "What's up Rafa?" He said acknowledging me before turning back to Raif and continuing their talk on some soccer game.

"You kids better hurry up and eat, there's going to be a lot of snowfall today so bundle up. I'm going to head out to work now, asalam'alaikum," mama says before grabbing her coat and making her way out of the door. My mother and father were not like the usual parents, they were loving and all but there was just something about them that made them more hip then some of the others parents on the block. They were completely different from Mikhail's parents that's for sure.

"You look gorgeous today Raf," Mikhail says as we all grab our backpacks, I roll my eyes and say, "that's what you say everyday pal."

Raif smacks the back of Mikhail's head and says, "stop hitting on my sister," I chuckle as he rubs the back of his head and says, "I can't help it, I'm attracted to species that don't swoon at the first sight of me!"

"You're so cocky even the word cocky can't describe how cocky you are." I say as all three of us headed out towards Mikhail's jeep. "I'm not cocky, I'm confident." He says with a smirk.

I won't lie Mikhail is pretty good looking, he grew out of his childish looks a long time ago, with his strong jawline and those dark green eyes no wonder all these girls try to befriend me.