White and Bright

Guys the title sort of rhymes I'm so happy with myself :3

Raif's pov

"You can't wear white, we'll lose you as soon as we take a step onto the trail." I say exasperated, it hasn't even been a solid hour with Rafa and Mikhail and I'm already regretting my proposition.

Rafa grumbles and puts away the heavy jacket, "but that black one makes me look fat," she whines as she grabs it and basically throws it at the only worker in the small store I found. I roll eyes my eyes as Mikhail says, "no it doesn't, I doubt there's a fashion show happening where Raif's taking us."

"But what if we happen to run into someone who's flippin hot, I can't be looking like a marshmallow!" Rafa grumbles crossing her arms over her chest, I sigh and am about to tell her to stop whining when Mikhail suddenly blurts out, "yes you can be, I'm the only flippin hot person who should be looking at you and your marshmallowness."

I raise an eyebrow at him and when he meets my eyes he awkwardly coughs and turns away, Rafa looks like a tomato but before I can question them on what the hell that was, the worker speaks, "is that all sir?"

I turn to him and say yes as Mikhail puts his stuff on the counter, he's about to take out his wallet but I stop him and say, "I got it man."

"Nah it's okay I'll pay for us," he says tugging at his pocket, "no no," I quickly try to get my wallet but Mikhail's faster, "so the total?" He asks the worker. I finally manage to get it loose and pull it out pushing his hand away at the same time, "Raif I'm serious I got it!" He says.

"Mikhail shut up and put your wallet away," I yell, he shakes his head, "nah you put yours away."

"I'll run away without you two right now if you don't put it away," I threaten feeling the bored eyes of the worker on us and our bickering, Mikhail scans my face but then rolls his eyes and steps back, "ok fine go ahead."

I grin feeling accomplished, the worker sighs tiredly and tells me the price, "$140."

My eyes widen at the three digit number, "uhm," I mumble as I scrounge my wallet, from behind me I hear Mikhail chuckling, I turn to him quickly, "shut up and give me some money."

"Mhm I am I am, ok so how much you got," he says pulling open his wallet, as we both count up whatever we have, with coins falling everywhere and notes clung in between our fingers, Rafa blurts out, "let's go losers."

"But we haven-" I'm about to say but she purses her lips and holds up a giant bag, and then walks straight out the shop leaving me and Mikhail fumbling with money trying to catch up.

"Where'd you get the money?" I ask as we fall into step with her, Mikhail on one side, me on the other. The winds seem to have gotten harsher and colder since the morning, I eye Mikhail and Rafa shivering more than I am in their flimsy jackets but know that once they change into the ones we just got they'll feel much better.

"I had some saved up," is all she says before urging Mikhail to quickly open the jeeps doors. I let Rafa climb in first so that she's in the middle.

As they put on their new gear which consists of better gloves, hats, pants, and jackets, I grab my spare map from my backpack which was in the backseat.

"Mikhail move over," Rafa says as she struggles to take off her old jacket, Mikhail rolls his eyes, "does it look like I have enough space princess?"