Scarred Eyes and Lovey Dovey-ness

Mikhail's pov

I plop Rafa off my shoulder; being very careful not to touch specific places, and she let's out a breath of air trying to tame her hijab. I pull my hood over my head before grabbing the flashlight out of my pocket.

"What are you doing?" Rafa whispers as I turn it on and make my way through the snow. I look back to see if anyone was around before grabbing her hand and tugging her along.

"I'm just going to go find us a place to sleep tonight, the jeeps too cold." I say as we pull ourselves through the thick snow and away from the little cabin version of a lobby.

She pulls her hand away from mine and I roll my eyes looking back to see what got her pants in a twist now. She crosses her arms and said, "Mikhail we have to find Raif."

"I know, and we are going to. But we have to plan our next steps now don't we?" I say pushing my head deeper into my jacket blocking the harsh sting of the wind. Rafa looks at the ground for a second before nodding her head and gesturing her arm for me to go ahead.

"Wait we need to book ourselves in though." She says pulling me out my thoughts, I sigh and say, "Unless you have 270 dollars and insurance we can't check in."

She gasps, her cheeks turning the shade of roses by the second, "so we're going to sneak into one of the cabins!!"

"No we're going to just sit outside one of them. Duh of course we're sneaking in now let's go man it's freezing." I say sarcastically before raising the light again and pointing it in different directions to spot the closest shelter.

"We can't do that! We're gonna get caught and then they're going to send us to jail and then we'll rot there and Raif might never get home and my parents will be devastated so then they'll die and then your parents would....well I don't know they're poopyheads but then they'll spaz out because your dad won't have a heir anymore and then they'll call the cops and try to get us out but it'll be too late because we've already rotted and tiny little bugs are eating our faces off!" She says gesturing her arms wildly and getting short of breath.

I stare at her for a few seconds as she stomps back and forth through the snow frantically. "Rafa chill we won't get caught," I say pulling her out of her misery and holding her flailing arms together.

She looks up at me with wide crystal eyes and says, "how do you know?"

"Trust me." I whisper before pulling her furry hood over her head and smiling.

She hesitantly looks back before sighing and letting me grab a hold of her hand and pulling her after me . The snow keeps falling in tight clumps as I spot a small cabin in the distance below the hill we walked up. Hopefully it's vacant.

As we make it to the door Rafa mumbles, "this is so bad," to herself and I roll my eyes as I grab the piece of wire I had gotten from the jeep. Sticking it in the little lock I begin to move it around until a little click is sounded. Well that was easy.

Grinning I cautiously push the door open, to be greeted with darkness. Stepping in I gesture for Rafa follow slowly, I trail my hand against the wall for a light switch when all of a sudden it goes on by itself and a chubby man with no shirt on pops up from out of nowhere.

Rafa screams as the man screams and I quickly push her out before slamming the door after me. "Rafa come on!" I yell over the loud wind, I start running and she follows after me. When we're almost a safe distance from the cabin Rafa decides that it's her time to hug the ground.