Above and Beyond

really really sorry for the lateness, school and everything, I tried to make it long, thirty pages? Thank you for everything :*

-----

Rafa's pov

I groggily rubbed at my eyes, blinking until I finally made out Raif, "what do you mean we have to go?" I groaned out desperately wanting to lay back down into the warm blankets.

He seemed to be in full panic mode though, he didn't even realize the fact that half my hair was showing and Mikhail could see.

"There's no time for questions, just a change of plan, grab everything and get all your gear on." He said before pulling slumping down on Mikhail's side of the bed and lacing up his boots.

Mikhail ran a hand through his hair sighed loudly but then said, "alright," and got up. I groaned once again, if he got up that means I have to get up too.

"Raif at least explain." I whined as I put my hair in a bun and wrapped my scarf around, before starting to grab all my stuff.

"I will on the way, just please hurry up." He pleaded as he started stuffing things into his backpack. Mikhail and I met eyes and then did as we were told.

Fully knowing that when Raif has his mind set, there's no changing it.

After quick runs to the bathroom Raif ushered us both out, fully covered to face the cold ahead. He then whispered in a commanding tone, "follow me, tiptoe so you don't wake Ajax up." And Mikhail and I, like soldiers obeying their Captain, nodded.

We crept through the living room and then as gently as we could, passed by the room Ajax was in. The want to sleep suddenly disappeared as Raif opened the front door and pushed us both out following us from behind.

Immediately, cold air rushed in and bit at every inch of our open skin, the snow had stopped falling but the coldness was still as bitter and frosty as ever. After we were basically forced out, Raif slowly shut the door.

Mikhail and I pulled our zippers up even higher at the same time as Raif began speed walking through the snow. Mikhail and I looked at each other, shrugged and started following him, I stepped inside Mikhail's giant footsteps so I didn't have to put that much effort.

But still with each step I got more tired. We were clearly walking away from the camp and as much as I worried for our safety and for our lives, I knew Raif would only talk about his plan when he felt like it.

After a few more minutes of strained walking I finally burst, "where the heck are you taking us you ugly loaf of bread!" I gasped out, my breath visible in front of me.

From up ahead he turned his head slightly back and yelled, "just come on!"

"'Come on'?! I'm dying!" I gasped once again, having short legs suck when you're with two long legged people. Raif waved me off and continued with his motivated strides. Mikhail my bestie however stopped, turned his head back and put his hand out.

"Hold my hand princess," he said all cute and with enough warmth to not only kept my heart but the snow around us too. Sadly, the latter didn't happen but the first sure did.

I reached out and let him try to intertwine our fingers, the gloves being too big and fat to let that happen, so he just held on and started walking after Raif.

I guess touching him gave me some more energy or something, for instead of heaving and trying to catch up, I was sauntering (or more like fail sauntering) right beside the two. Raif hadn't noticed the hand holding and I hoped he would continue to not to.