Motivation and Make Outs

Mikhail's pov

I didn't know what to do as all four faces, two smiling, two fake smiling, looked at me.

"Asalam Alaikum," I ended up saying having nothing else in mind, I quickly fixed myself up knowing my father was throwing daggers at my attire, "walaikum Asalam," Mr and Mrs Ibrahim replied.

Mr Ibrahim looked the same as I remembered, tall, lean and with that moustache of his, a few grey hairs had sprouted around his head but nothing else. And Mrs Ibrahim had on the most brightest clothing with her hair curled and her face heavily made up with makeup, I felt her scrutinizing me from head and to toe and awkwardly coughed waiting for my father to give me some type of instructions.

I guess he was too angry though for my mother intervened and said, "Mikhail go to your room and change, be quick, Mahra is coming soon." I nodded while feeling nervousness run through me, why were they here?

I climbed up the stairs to my room running a hand through my hair to ease the tension I was going through, I expected the sight of my bed to make me happier but instead it gave me a sort of dreadful feeling. I quickly changed, throwing the day old shirt into the laundry and pulling on a hoodie but then changing it for a button down shirt and some jeans. Knowing that a hoodie would have given me a year long scolding from my father.

It was evening and I wanted to do nothing more than just jump on my bed and go to sleep but I knew that wouldn't be possible. I put my phone on charge and as it turned on I saw a text from my dad a few minutes ago.

Dress appropriately. Open door for Mahra when she comes. Charm her, make this relation with this family work or else.

I read it over twice and sighed rubbing a hand over my face before throwing the phone back onto the bed. The first time he told me about all this he had said that if I were to go with it, it'd make him proud. But now it just seems like it's for his own personal gain.

I noticed something had fallen out of my jacket and when I picked it up it just so happened to be the photograph of my brother and I. I suddenly missed him so much, if he were still here I knew things would be different. My family would be different.

But Allah always makes things happen for a reason.

So with that thought, I prayed and finished giving my du'aa just as the door bell rang. I straightened my shirt down and and got up to go answer the door.

---------

Rafa's pov

"When did this happen? Why did this happen?! How?! Where?!" My mother screeched out at me with her arms in the air and one foot ready to take off the slipper and use it on me.

I raised my palms and tried to calm her down as I saw Raif causally sit on the sofa and drink from a juice box watching this whole thing unfold.

"Mother, madré, mommy listen, I'm a stupid teenager who can't use her brain at all, I had no right to jump into a decision like that, I will now forever live with this and uh what else, oh uhm I'm a big disgrace and you're contemplating sending me to our home country so I learn to behave BUT...but remember it's Raif that started this," I said quickly pointing a finger at Raif who started choking on his juice.

Now it was my turn to sit back as my mother pounced on Raif with her words and rants,it was truly an amazing sight. "It is, it so is! You young man are in so much trouble, did you even bother to think about your safety huh did you? If you died I would have died!" And then the slipper came off, Raif caught it though sadly.