Anger and Care

Rafa's pov

That day I sneaked into Mikhail's house, the room I had hid in. This was placed in a frame and I had grabbed it. For reasons that I'm not even sure off. "I-..I," I stuttered as he glowered over me, I wanted to know why this made him angry, I wanted to know why he had half of it crumpled as is the pain of looking at it hurt too much.

But I didn't ask, instead I said, "I saw it in that room a couple doors down from yours an-..and I grabbed it." He scowled and stuffed the picture back. He shook his head and turned away from me. I shuffled myself until I was in front of him again. He looked down at me with an annoyed yet still varying between anger and sadness expression.

So I decided to try and cheer him up, not knowing at all why he was in this mood but nonetheless trying, "why are you so mad about it though, look how cute you look, all chubby cheeks and floppy brown ha-"

"Shut up." He said and I closed my mouth, but then I couldn't help it and had to ask, "is that your uncle, or your cousin, he looks so much like you its weir--" I stopped talking as I watched his face form into one that I've never seen on him before.

"Are you okay?" I asked watching as a small snowflake fell on top of his eyelash and melted once it hit his cheek. The droplet of water was so tiny that it stayed put, Mikhail rubbed it away looked me in the eye and was about to say something before he changed his mind and simply nodded.

I frowned, "are you sure?"

And just as I said that his face quickly heated again, "why wouldn't I be, I'm fine." He said harshly, "and you know what would make me feel more better?" I gave a squeaky reply, "chocolate?"

He scoffed and said, "if you'd stop asking." He then roughly pulled up his hood and was about to walk away when I stopped him once again, "do you know why I keep asking?" He glared at me but I stood still and said, "because I know you're not fine Mikhail, you can tell me anything, you need to tell me, keeping everything within you like this is going to destroy you one day."

"And you would care if it did?"

"Of course I would you dumb piece of toast. I care about you more than you think-"

"As much as I care about you?"

"Even more." I replied watching as his anger faded and he mumbled something but I couldn't quite hear. He looked at the picture and pointed to the holding tiny Mikhail up, "that's my brother."

I blinked, never in our 11 years of knowing each other had he ever mentioned a brother. "That was my brother."

"I killed him."

-----------------

Short but early, you guys were getting too much cuteness in the past chapters lol XD