Panicking and Cuddling

Rafas pov

Mikhail stopped the car with an odd expression on his face. The day's worth of facial hair had thickened within the time span and I couldn't help but admire how it framed his face. His hair fell into his eyes and he ran a hand through it slowly and kept it on the back of his head as he looked over at me and said, "this is apparently where he called from."

I stopped looking at him and blinked trying to see through the snowed up windows. We were on open road, no cars to be seen anywhere, after all nobody sane would travel in this weather. "Maybe he was going down this road and picked up." I said as Mikhail activated the windshield wipers and slowly rolled over to the side of the road.

The sky had thickened with storm clouds of what seemed like an upcoming blizzard, the only flakes we could see however were the ones that happened to fall in front of the headlights. I caught Mikhail's emerald eyes as he looked at me with a worried expression. "I'm going to call him, if he picks up I'll try to find the location again but if he doesn't we'll figure something out."

I started stringing my fingers out hoping he would pick up. We were in a car with the heater at max and still shivering. I had given Mikhail his jacket back and he had it zipped up all the way while his teeth still chattered from time to time. If Raif was out in this weather he'd probably be more frozen than a Popsicle.

"My brothers a nutcase," I said as Mikhail dialled in the number again. He solemnly nodded before throwing his phone into his lap in frustration. "My battery died." He mumbled looking away.

"Well no duh, you've been playing on it for ages." I said crossing my arms over my chest. "I've been driving for your information."

"Before that you dumbo." I scowled rubbing my cheeks and loosening my scarf, there was no one else here and Mikhail already saw my hair.

"What are you trying to say?" He questioned turning his body towards me with a glare on his face. I raised my eyebrows and shrugged, "nothing."

"Are you implying that I've done nothing to find Raif because that's what it sure sounds like." He accused scrunching his eyebrows at me.

I gave him a perplexed look, completely baffled at where this sudden anger came from. "I never said that Mikhail calm down."

He rolled his eyes and turned away placing his head in his hands. I could tell that he was more worried about Raif than me but I didn't know how to comfort him.

"Look, how about we find some place to stay and then we can look in his journa--"

"No Rafa you don't get it! My father expects me to be home in a few days, if I'm not there all of hell will break loose he's going to take it  out on me he's going to de- he's goi-.." Mikhail suddenly started breathing rapidly, his forehead tensed up and his hands tightened.

"Mikhail, " I said as he pushed his head against the steering wheel . He suddenly started mumbling incoherent things, and I realized he couldn't even hear me. I gently grabbed his hand and tried to turn him towards me but he pushed me off him and got out of the car, into the snow.

I quickly rushed out of my door and around the car and towards him, he was walking back and forth on the road pulling at his hair and shivering. "Mikhail stop, come here!" I yelled over the rush of the wind, pulling him towards the front of the car so any cars passing by wouldn't hit him.

He still continued panicking in my arms and I quickly wrapped them around him, pushing my head into his neck. "Nothing's going to happen Mikhail, calm down."

"How do you know that." He mumbled stilling and I gave a sigh of relief not letting go, instead I pushed myself up against him harder. He wrapped his own arms around my waist and breathed hard onto my neck, I gave a light shiver as his wisp of hot air travelled down my spine before whispering, "because I'm here for you."