Fighting Steriod Infected Monkeys and Planning

Rafa's pov

Winter break has officially started and Raif has yet to reappear.

Three days is usually his max but it has now been five days and a half with him nowhere to be found. God knows how long my mother and father been out driving just to see if he's anywhere nearby digging another hole or climbing another tree.

Now that he's grown I'm pretty that doing all that childish stuff won't be his goal.

Beyond the stars. That's his goal. I would know because he never shut up about it. But how does one even achieve that. How long does it take to achieve that.

"30 minutes."

I look up startled and watch as a grim faced Mikhail places a cup in front of me before sitting opposite of me. I raise an eyebrow for him to elaborate and he says, "I waited in line for thirty minutes just to get two hot chocolates."

"I appreciate that." I say taking a sip of mine, the little cafe that Mikhail, Raif and I always go to is more packed then a 1D concert. With the weather colder than ever outside no ones missing their chance to grab something warm.

I hope Raif's warm and not dying somewhere.

"Stop zoning out on me, I only have twenty minutes before I'm expected to be home so come on communicate will ya?" Mikhail says with a sigh as he rubs a hand over his tired face.

I sigh and shrug, "there's nothing to communicate about." He stares me dead in the eye before he says, "let's talk about snow."

"Snow?"

"Snow."

"We just had a Fault in Our Stars moment with the word snow." I say smiling to myself.

"Did we? I haven't read that book so I wouldn't know," he says chuckling and raising his cup to his lips. I dramatically gasp and say, "you have not lived."

"Rafa we go over this like very other day, you know I have no time for some silly books." He says rolling his eyes.

My eyes seem to get more wider as my inner fangirl comes out. "Silly Mikhail?"

"Yeah silly. S-I-L-L-Y. Silly. I think it's a verb, or it could be an adjective--"

"It's not silly!!" I spaz out grabbing the attention of some nearby customers. He raises his hands in surrender and says, "chill chill I take it back!"

I lean back and take another sip, "good."

"So what are you gonna do for the next three weeks?" He asks taking his black hat off and running his fingers through his disheveled hair.

"Find Raif. My brain is telling me to wait him out but my gut says he's going to take longer than usual and will need persuasion to come back home. " I say and he chuckles.

"If your parents can't find him how can you?"

"Do you think I'm not capable of finding my own brother?" I say glaring at him and he shrugs casually, "you should just sit in your room all day and read your lil books while I go find my best friend."

"Like your parents will ever let you out of the house." I scoff out sarcastically and he glares, "I'm a very good liar you know."

"Mhmm sure you are."

"Strict parents raise the best liars." He said all wisely before grabbing his cup and his phone and standing up to head out.