The Sun, the Moon, and the Stars

Raif's pov

Rafa was taking an awfully long time and I was starting to get bored. I was waiting for a phone call from Mikhail yelling something on the lines of

'Raif your sister thinks she's in love with me, what the hell, please come get her, she's gonna ruin our friendship.'

But no call had come yet and I groaned.

Hopefully they're not making babies. I'm too young to be an uncle.

"Raif come down for dinner!" My dad called and I heard him coming up the stairs, a devious plan ran through my head and I quickly rushed under the bed to hide. I heard my door open and a gasp leave my father.

"Rania!!! He's escaped again! The horror oh the-" and the out of nowhere he grabbed a hold of my leg and dragged me out. "Awn man," I mumbled as he rolled his eyes with a chuckle. "Yeah you can't fool me son, and now is a good time to let you know that we have sealed this house and you can't leave without us knowing."

My jaw dropped.

"Wowww so now I'm an inmate!" I said as we walked down the stairs. "Yeah and you will be until the day you can't walk anymore and we can lay peacefully knowing you're not out there illegally hacking into ski lifts and climbing mountains."

"How'd you know about that?" I grumbled as all three of us sat down at the table. "We have spies." My mother said with a grin as she pushed her hair back. I rolled my eyes.

I guess my adventuring days are over.

Or..maybe not.

------------

Rafa's pov

"Mikhail maybe I should drive, you don't look to-"

"Get in the car Rafa," he said cutting me off. I gulped and got in muting the yells from inside the house out, where Mahra was screeching to her parents, and Mikhail's parents were trying to calm the other family down.

After a few minutes of silent driving to who knows where I turned my head to him. "Are you okay?" I whispered as he focused on changing lanes. He nodded but the wrinkle between his eyebrows was still visible, his eyes were still glossy, and his hands ever so slightly shook on the steering wheel.

I reached out and put my hand on his shoulder, "Mikhail you're not, we can stop here on the side of the road." I urged, he kept going but then a few seconds later he pulled the car to the side and parked it.

I took off my seatbelt and moved closer to his still body, a few strands of his hair fell over his face and I lightly moved them away, he grabbed my hand and held it in his lap before looking out the window. "I should've seen that coming." He mumbled with no hint of emotion.

"Rafa...I- .." He sighed, "I don't know what to do."

I squeezed his fingers warmly, "come home with me, even for a couple of hours. We'll figure something out. Maybe your parents will take you back, your mother wants that, your dad was in the heat of the moment, he'll let you ba-"

He shook his head vigorously. "No, I don't care, I'm not going back," he took a breath in looked over at me for the first time since we left but didn't do anything, he let go off my hand and I frowned as he started the car again.