Fake Emotions and Butthurt Mahras

Rafa's pov

I slapped myself.

Then another on the other cheek.

I wince realizing that I have man hands that hurt like heck. Rubbing my cheek I growl at the thought that just ran through my head.

"It was just the moment Rafa," I mumble to myself taking my hijab off. I sat down onto the bed. "Mikhail's your best friend, nothing more." I state but even the words coming out through my own mouth didn't please my ears. It felt like I was lying, to my own self.

I  pushed the pillow into my face screaming into it. "Don't do this Rafa!! Don't catch those feelings! You don't love him! There are better things in the world to love than your best friend!.. Even though he got gorgeous hair and a MashAllah face an..- no! No no no! Don't you dare!"

I growled and decided to brush my hair, looking at the pleasing colors sometimes soothed me. I grabbed my hair brush and started on each part, my hair was short but very wavy, which meant a lot of tangles.

"See Rafa, now you're thinking about hair and not him, good job." I said to myself smiling as I continued brushing. But then I saw a strand of hair on it that looked like Mikhail's and all my feelings came back. He used my brush! His touch was on this!

His touch, which is so soft and warm, I remembered how close he had held me and how his scent was of his favourite coffee and of- stop! "Friend, friend, friend, nothing more, nothing less." I repeated to myself over and over trying to stick the words into my brain.

A gasp left me as I realized something.

I quickly threw the pillow down and rushed to open my calendar app on my phone. I scrolled until I reached November, last month. I had my period on the 17th, tomorrow is December 11th. I was close to it, maybe that's why I felt this rush of emotions.

I sighed in relief and put the phone on the night stand.

Problem solved.

As time passed I began to get more and more worried, the snow outside just wouldn't stop falling from the sky in pairs and the wind continued howling behind them. It has now been exactly twenty minutes since Mikhail barged out the door.

What if he fell inside a huge pile of snow and it's eating him alive right this second, there's no one in their normal state of mind outside right now, no one to help him. He even left his hoodie here, that idiot.

That gorgeous, soft haired, amazing humour, hot, loveable idiot.

I slapped myself again, I hate emotions so much, feelings and emotions and whatever the heck they're called need to be banished, it's not good for anyone's health.

But right now I needed to make sure he was okay and hasn't cried so hard that he became an ice cube. Wait, never mind, I don't think I've ever seen Mikhail cry, so he's probably not doing that.

That's another thing about guys, why do they feel as if crying will ruin all their manliness. Like I would cry if a page from my book got accidentally ripped yet I can still be tough right after. With that I hastily wrapped my scarf around my head, pulled a hat over top and grabbed my jacket.

--- fifteens minutes ago - Mikhail's pov

I grumbled to myself as I rushed out of the room, I shouldn't have told her all that. She's already worried about her brother and then here I go putting myself in there too.