The Cycle

Auggie POV-

"Auggie." Ra called my name. I heard her but I was too busy sucking on her neck and caressing her breast in the darkness as she laid against me.

I would make love to her right now, but Na was sleep on the other side of the bed. 😩

"August." She turned to me in the dark.

"What?" I pecked her lips.

"Go out there and try to stop them."

She was talking about the loud arguing that could be heard throughout the house of O and Sata. They were going at it, but it wasn't none of my business.

"They married Ra. I'm not getting into that." I went back to kissing sucking on her neck.

She pushed me off. I laid back and stared at the ceiling in the dark.

All we heard was them screaming at each other.

"I can't see why she didn't tell him before they got married that she didn't want kids. That's unfair to him. Don't you think?"

"Ra stay out of it." I turned over and fixed my pillow to go to sleep.

"I thought my family was dysfunctional but Jesus. Having money doesn't fix anything."

"All relationships have problems Ra. They do this all the time. They argue. He leaves. Sata acts petty like she doesn't care. O can't take the pettiness. He comes back and acts like the mature one. Sata apologizes. They make up. It's a cycle. They've been doing this since they were in college."

We heard a loud bang against the adjoining wall that was their room.

"Leave then!" Sata screamed.

"You don't have to worry about that." I heard their door open and footsteps down the stairs.

"O wait." Sata screamed after him.

But it was too late the front door closed.

I closed my eyes and sighed.

"Imma go check on her." I got out the bed and opened the door.

I walked down the stairs to see Sata curled up in fetal position by the door, crying.

"Sata."

"Leave me alone."

"Sata." I knelt down to her.

"Leave me alone August!" She screamed and hit me.

FYI - I'm sick of these Alsina women hitting me. 😒

I grabbed her into my chest where she cried.

"Calm down." I rubbed her hair soothingly.

"I'm okay." She got up and wiped her eyes, like she wasn't just sprawled out on the floor

I stood up.

"Sata what is wrong? Y'all need to chill."

"He wants to leave fine. But I refuse to be Ma. She has no life outside of you, Miri and daddy. And I promised myself
I wouldn't be that. That's why she has time to troll everyone else's life because she doesn't have her own."

"But you're not her tho."

"I'm going to make sure of it." She went back upstairs and slammed her bedroom door.

--------

"Blueberries." Na-Na said.

"Well if that's what my princess wants, blueberry pancakes it is."

"Yay." Na-Na danced around the kitchen.

I chuckled. "Gimme my love."

She ran to me. I picked her up and gave her a million kisses.

I'm realizing I got that from my mom. She always did that to me when I was little. It made me feel like the center of her world. My how things change. 😩

"Go watch Clifford while I hook up breakfast." I put her down.

She ran to the living room, which was joined to the kitchen and hopped on the couch turning her attention to the tv.

I got the stuff out to make breakfast. The front door opened. O walked in.

"Hi sweetheart." He said to Na.

Na shyly ignored him. I loved how she was shy around everyone else but not Miri? 😒

"Just came to get my key." O got a key out the kitchen drawer.

"O man, I don't know what's going on but y'all need to work it out bruh." I said preparing the pancakes.

"There's nothing to work out."

"You know she loves you man."

"She loves me but she doesn't want to have my kids because she's on this Shonda Rhimes, Oprah " I don't want to be subjected to a man kick?"

"Maybe she just going through something man. That's all she used to talk about you know that."

"Yeah she going through something alright. I go out to my car. Our car and I see another niggas suit jacket. It all makes sense now. She's been distant since my Italy trip. Every Time I touch her, she avoids me. She spends more time with the white dude from her job. I bet it's him."

"Bruh your mind is going in left field. Sata is not a cheater."

"You can never really know somebody. Hell I known her practically my whole life and never knew this."

Sata came into the kitchen and went straight to the fridge.

"Aug I want bacon too." She got bacon out and handed it to me.

Brushing pass O.

"Good morning Na." She sat on the couch with her. "What you doing?"

"Watching Clifford."

"Is it good?"

"Uh-huh. Really good." Na said shaking her head and smiling.

O just grabbed his key and left. He wasn't really a confrontational guy. He just chose to leave when they had arguments. But Sata, although a woman was still an Alsina and in arguments we hate to lose, so she'd be petty for as long as possible.

O usually was always the one to make amends and they'd get back together. That was their cycle

But this time the cycle may be broken because he might not be back. 

There's a chapter before this called Different Wants. Read if wattpad didn't notify you.