Hell Breaking Loose

Callie POV-

"You know Noelle, I'm not feeling well I'm just going to go." I got my things. I didn't even feel like being in the same room with someone who basically called me a slut in oh so many words.

"Aw don't leave Cals. Quincy is really good at this stuff." Noelle tried to get me to stay.

"I bet." I eyed him. "I'll call you later and you can tell me what you learned."

"Okay." She said.

I got my things and left out.

"Callie." I heard Quincy coming after me.

I practically ran out of Noelle's dorm hoping to lose him, but to my surprise he caught up.

He grabbed my hand out of breath.  I snatched it back.

"Whew. Damn girl you fast." He held his knees, breathing heavily in and out.

"I have nothing to say to you." I began to walk away.

He ran in front of me.

"Listen I'm sorry about how I came at you the other day."

"You're done and I don't care." I tried to walk off, he kept getting in front of me.

"It's just I've seen some things in my time on campus."

"You basically called me a slut."

"I didn't mean for it to come out that way. I just know what certain girls have done to work with Prof. Jordan."

"Well that isn't me."

"Okay. And I'm sorry. I just wanted to warn you. That's all."

I rolled my eyes. "Whatever."

"Can I help you out with your math as a form of an apology?"

"No. I'm good." I pushed pass him and made my way home.

Sata POV-

New Assata. We needed more Melanin in this book. 💁🏿

"Ma I'm so scared

"Ma I'm so scared. I just don't know what's going to happen?" I laid on my mother's chest.

She patted my head.

"It's going to all work out baby. The doctor said they might not even need to remove the full uterus. They can just take out the fibroid."

"But she said she won't know until I'm actually in surgery."

"It's going to work out. Would you stop stressing?" My mother laughed. "If things worked out with me and I've been through hell and back, you are no different."

"You're a lot more optimistic then." I sighed.

"Optimistic is a state of mind. You choose to think positive or you choose to think negative."