Hairdos and Dinners

Callie POV-

"You don't have to come over here everyday." I sat up hugging my legs, watching him.

"I know that." Quincy was laid across my bed doing his homework.

"Then why do you?"

"Because I ain't got nothing better to do."

I kissed my teeth and gave him a look. He laughed and turned on his back. He put his hands behind his head and looked at me.

"Because me helping you wasn't a one time, thing. I promised to be there and I'm going to keep my promise."

"But you can go and have fun. You don't have to be stuck in a house, in this room with me." I looked down at my covers and fumbled with them.

"What if I want to be stuck in this house, in this room with you."  He softly grabbed my chin to look up at him.

"You don't have to do it out of sympathy Quincy. I'll be okay." I removed his hand.

"For one, I'm not doing it out of sympathy. I want to be here."

"I don't see why. I look a mess." I rolled me eyes and laid my head on my knees.

"Let me hook you up then."

"Hook me up with what?" I looked at him.

"A new hairdo."

"My hair?"

"Yeah."

"No." I shook my head profusely.

"Come on. I used to do Lish hair all the time, when we was little."

"What are you going to do to my hair?" I said skeptical.

"It's a surprise. Sit right here." He sat up and opened his legs.

"If you have me looking a mess, I swear." I crawled to the other end of the bed where he was and pointed my finger at him to warn him.

"Girl if you don't remove that boney crooked finger."

I hit him and sat down between his legs. He ran his hands through my hair.

"Don't you need a comb or brush? Hair tie maybe?" I asked.

"Nah. I don't need none of that."

I rolled my eyes.

"Let's see you want something fancy or casual?"

"Quincy." I turned around to look at him.

"Tell me unless or I'mma do my own thing."

"You decide. Cause I already feel like it's about to be a hot mess anyway." I turned back around.

"Talking about a hot mess. This is a hot mess." He ran his fingers through my hair. "I'mma about to hook you up. How long you been natural? I been natural bout three years." He said.

I eyed him.

"Don't eye me. Eye your cousin. Tell him to go natural and stop using that texturizer. Turn around."

"Leave Miri alone. His hair is naturally curly." I laughed.

"Yeah, okay." He said not believing me. "as naturally curly as Ginuiwine back in the day with them baby hairs. He keep it up he gon be out here looking like Jermaine Jackson and that shoe polish on his head."