Decisions

Auggie POV-

"Aren't you going to say hello?" Sata said as I answered her FaceTime.

"Hey." I said dryly. I really wasn't in the mood to talk. I had lost my entire world  in one day.

"What's wrong? Your birthday almost here and you depressed?"

"Ain't nothing to celebrate."

"Oh my God. What's wrong now?" My sister gave me the stale face. "You always in your feelings about something."

"Ra dumped me like I was some trash that didn't mean nothing to her."

"What did you do?" She rolled her eyes at me.

"why is that the first thing you asked?"

"Because I know August Anthony Alsina The Third."

I rolled my eyes. She don't know me. 🙄

"What did you do?" She asked again.

"I said some shit I didn't mean cause I was angry and she took it to heart and broke up with a nigga. Knowing I don't ever mean the shit I say."

She shook her head.

"Don't act like you don't do the same shit Sata. If you said some of the stuff you said to me to O, I'd knock you out myself." I looked at her while she was acting all high and mighty.

"Okay we get petty when we get mad. I know. It's a trait me and you got that we need to get rid of. I didn't say I didn't. But your pettiness got you here.
Why were you angry?"

"I told her for my birthday I wanted to legally adopt Na and she wasn't really feeling the idea so of course that hurt me because I would give me life for her and Na." My voiced cracked. I could feel the tears coming. "I'm not perfect Sata but I love them so much. And I'm trying. I don't see why she can't see that."

"She sees it Auggie. For her to take you back, she sees it. But legally adopting Na is a huge step. And while I think it's amazing of you to want to do that, you need to wait at least until you finish school. And y'all get married. You want stability first. You still living off Ma and Dad. And y'all just got back together after you hurt her. Give yourself the opportunity to prove you ain't on bullshit this time around so she can trust you fully. She made the right choice."

"I guess that ain't gon ever happen either. She don't want me no more."

"You know what I like about Ra is I think she's like me in a lot of ways. How many times have acted like my life would be better without O, all the while inside I was breaking. She loves you. She just not all Getty getty like these other chicks would be. Some women are like that. They don't fall head first. Their methodological about their love. Their not taken by words, they watch actions. Trust me everything you do she is watching. And determining by your actions whether she can trust you or not. This time around don't smother her with trying to get back together like I told you the first time not to do. Just focus on you getting your grades back right so you can graduate, work on your temper, don't do stupid shit out of spite, and just reconnect organically."

"Imma die without her and Na. One day y'all gon walk in my room and Imma be gone cause she broke my heart."

Sata laughed. "You are so dramatic. I think it's so funny you are so young and whipped. Most dudes your age can move on to the next without a problem. You see Miri don't have no problem being a thot."