Easy Decisions

Dear Octavian, you are the best best-friend in the world. When I am sad you are nice to me. You help me with homework I don't understand. And although I say I don't want to talk to you when I get mad, you always still be my friend. When you go away if you get another best friend, I will beat her up. I thank you for being my Bestfriend and always sticking up for me. I will miss you a lot. Love your bestfriend, Assata Melione Alsina."

--Life After Marriage- Gone Chapter

Auggie POV-

"Bro, I hate seeing y'all like this." I said as I helped him move his stuff into an apartment.

He was just silent as we brought boxes up the stairs.

"I know she tough to deal with. She been beating you up since she met you. When you talked about her hair." I tried to make a joke and reminiscent on how long their history was.

He didn't find it funny.

"Bro separate for a while, but not divorce. Y'all meant to be."

"She cheated on me Auggie."

"With who?"

"Her white co-worker. I found his suit jacket in her car."

"They could've rode to court together."

"Bullshit!" He threw down a box.

"Sata loves you man. She wouldn't do that."

"Her being distant. Her not wanting kids. It's all making sense now."

"Maybe it's something else?"

"What?" He folded his arms, looking at me.

"I don't know. That's why y'all need to talk."

"I'm done talking. I want a divorce and that's it. You know I just don't get it. Women always talk about how much they want good men. I try to be that shit. Even with all I've been through, I try to be that. And it's never enough. I just don't get it. Then they wonder why niggas turn into dogs. Because they don't appreciate the good guy. So if that's what they want. That's what I'll give them." He brushed passed me and went back out the car to get the rest of his stuff.

I softly hit my head against the wall. I don't know what to do.

Miri POV-

"What the hell does that even mean?"

"I don't know. I guess three o'clock. Either way be ready when he comes." Callie told me.

"I'm ready!" Na raised her hand.

"Na, don't listen to Callie."

"Why?" She sat on my lap.

"She gon have you cooky like her."

"What dat mean?"

"Crazy."

"Callie not crazy."

"Thank you sweet pea." Callie high-fived her.

"Now if Sata come home and see all these candles and shit in her house, she gon whoop y'all ass with a selfie stick next."

The doorbell rang.

Auggie POV-

"Hey baby." I hugged my mom and sat the kitchen table.